Can't wake up from Speaker when Power Ends Call enabled

jmdeng

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I confirmed with HTC that this is a lack of feature in the HTC One.

When you have Power button Ends Calls enabled and you are using speaker for a long time such that the phone's display goes to sleep, there is no way to wake up the display (in case you wanted to answer an automated survey at the end of a long customer service call, for example...or heck, just to turn off speakerphone) without hanging up on the call.

If any of you are missing this ability (my old LG would treat the first Power press as a wake up request and the second Power press would hang up), please let HTC know so they might be able to add some way (doesn't have to be the double press) to allow the phone to wake up without ending the call (and while still having the Power Ends Call option enabled) in a future update.

Thanks

jmdeng

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Now I just have the power button ends call function disabled.

I would do that, except on my old phone, it would take me forever to hang up as I had to first wake up my phone, and then find the end call button, which somehow, even though it's in a fixed location on the screen, I could never hit on my first half-blind attempt. I assume something similar happens with the HTC One.

Using Power Ends Calls allows me to not have to look at the phone to hang up immediately.