Not receiving group messages (sent from friends iPhone)

calum001

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Moved from an iPhone to HTC One a couple of months ago and never looked back, don't know why i didn't see the light earlier tbh !

The main thing that is bugging me is that i'm not able to receive group messages when any of my friends send them via their iPhones.

Checked the following basic things but not sure what else could be the problem...
  • Checked all of their phones to make sure my number is saved under 'phone' and not iPhone in their contacts
  • Forgot to turn iMessage off on my iPhone before i switched phone and network but used my new simcard in a friends iPhone and turned it off, not sure if it worked though and not sure how else to check?

run out of ideas now

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
1. Open messaging app
2. Go into settings
3. MMS settings
4. Turn on group messaging
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

daveh98

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I was having the same problem with my phone and came from an iphone 4s. I did what you recommended and it fixed my issue.

1. Open messaging app
2. Go into settings
3. MMS settings
4. Turn on group messaging
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Katelyn Woods

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
This did not work with me. On my Setting>MMS I have the check mark on Group Conversations. I've sat with my iphone friends all night and still do not receive the group messages. Any advice??

whunter31

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus with 4.3 OS, and having the group messaging selected in settings does nothing. I receive iphone and other Samsung Gallaxy group texts that come in as an individual message with a download button. I click the download button and then the back arrow, and then the message will transfer to the actual group conversation. So Imagine 10 people in a group message that I start or someone else starts, and every time someone responds, each one comes back as a single text outside of the group message. This is really frustrating. I have tried downloading other group message apps like Textra which is cool, and actually was working, until I looked at my fianc?'s iphone and noticed I was missing 6 messages that didn't come through. So I deleted that app, and now Im back to the CRAP Android! I do think Androids are way better than I phones, but I am so annoyed at the group texting issue, that I am going to Sprint today and DOWNGRADE to a MORE CRAPY iphone, so I can get relief from the horrid group messaging issue. :mad: If anyone has a solution, PLEASE email me: [email removed by moderator]

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on the Galaxy Note 3. Everyones solution is tell friends and co workers to turn off Imessage. They all refuse to do that. I missed a very important group message last night about a call. I have unregistered my Iphone 5 and switched it to another line. Changed my Apple Id and password to. But still having Group messaging problems. I have tried Hancet SMS and Verizons SMS App. All the settings have group texting on as well... PLEASE HELP before I have to go back to Apple Land.