Wifi keep alive app?

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any luck with these apps to keep your wifi active while in sleep mode? I have tried a few without any luck.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
ygy9ymu9.jpg
go to settings, and select keep WiFi awake while sleep.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you by chance, installed a battery save app that might be overriding the stock setting, in that "its" turning wifi off when you're phone is asleep?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you by chance, installed a battery save app that might be overriding the stock setting, in that "its" turning wifi off when you're phone is asleep?

This. My wifi is active 24/7 if I'm connected to my wifi due to that never sleep setting.

I'd know if it wasn't since I use WiFi calling at home. It would disconnect me and I'd get no push email, texts, or phone calls lol :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
This. My wifi is active 24/7 if I'm connected to my wifi due to that never sleep setting.

I'd know if it wasn't since I use WiFi calling at home. It would disconnect me and I'd get no push email, texts, or phone calls lol :).

Perhaps I'm not understanding your post, but what I was saying is that "he" perhaps has an app running that is overriding his stock setting.

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Power save feature is on. Only other apps I can think of is the GSM battery app or my gravity screen app. Both I doubt would effect this feature.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps I'm not understanding your post, but what I was saying is that "he" perhaps has an app running that is overriding his stock setting.

Yes and I quoted you and said "this". As in this is the reason for his issue (as you stated).

If not he may need a replacement phone.

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Power save feature is on. Only other apps I can think of is the GSM battery app or my gravity screen app. Both I doubt would effect this feature.

Power saver shuts WiFi off after so much time.

If you really want it on all the time you'll have to shut it off.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes and I quoted you and said "this". As in this is the reason for his issue (as you stated).

If not he may need a replacement phone.

aha...gotcha, always wondered what "this." meant, at the beginning of a sentence!! Yep, here's my sign right? LOL

Chis Jewell

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
"SmartSync Disabler " available in the play store. Keeps WiFi from sleeping. Very simple app with only 2 boxes to check. Works GREAT !
\
Be sure to check both boxes in the app

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok finally figured it out! There is a setting in the Power Save that I had to uncheck. It was shutting off my data connection when the phone was asleep. Finally!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress