Your music subscription service suggestions.

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering getting a music service subscription. I'm doing my own research right now. I'm curious to know from a consumer stand point, which music service offers the best service overall? I'm on unlimited data, so highest quality streams is ideal for what I want in a service. Share your input of you have heard or use any of the following, or use a service that you suggest that is not seen here. Preferably $5 or less a month.

Pandora.
Slacker.
IheartRadio
Spotify
Rhaspody
Soundhound
Google Music
Tunein
Fit Music

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I currently use Google Music because I got in on the $7.99 deal. I figured, moving from Spotify, if I didn't like it I wasn't losing anything. Spotify is in my opinion superior app and service (quality of app and feature options), but to save a couple bucks I'm not really missing out. Both do the more basic functions and Google Music will get better over time, Google just needs more UI/UX folks around.

Spotify was my choice for a long while due to catalog having a majority of the music I wanted, great web app and standalone, free streaming, but I paid up and got the premium so I could download to my devices and not using my streaming data.

I don't know of a quality service under $5/mo, but I'm sure there are options, but I think for a full featured experience you'll end up paying $8 at the least. Good luck on your choice! (and remember, at least you have choices!)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I hated slacker pandora is nice all it dose is remove the commercials for pandora one(paid) google music is really a good choice as its cheap you get good options (no music streaming has metallica as they pulled all of their masters from warner and went indi with their own label called blackened)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have Pandora, Google Play music and SiriusXM.
There are a few channels on SiriusXM i really enjoy, Pandora is great for me when i want to listen to comedy or odd stuff then making a station with it. (im sure google play music will do it better soon) and Google Play music rocks for when i want to listen to my music i have uploaded or finding an album of one artist or finding just one odd song i want to hear.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
You should decide what kind of music service you'll want as well. Do you want playlist radio, on-demand, live DJ? Do you need locker services?

Short points on the ones I've used:
-Spotify has the best social features. If you like visiting websites and listening to other people's playlists, those playlists are usually made for Spotify.
-SiriusXM has great DJs and is basically like old school radio but with much more focused channels.
-Slacker had pretty good music selection back when I used them.
-I use Google Music since it has the best combination of radio like Pandora, all access library like Spotify and a music locker for songs not in their library.

If you use Windows machines and XBox, you can also consider XBox Music now since they have an Android app out.

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Should also mention there is a free version of all these services you can play with at your computer/laptop. Find out which ones have the features you like as well as the music catalog. They tend to only cost something if you want to be able to use them on mobile devices or sync features.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Deezer is a good subscription service. The app is updated regularly and it has a great UI in my opinion. You get the obligatory 30 day premium trial and then the ?9.99 kicks in as per all the other different subscriptions. Hope this helps.

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Google play music definitely. Price was right at 7.99 and your grandfathered in at that price. Live how Google does that.

I'm still grandfathered at 5 bucks a year for 25gb of cloud storage on drive.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Music...got in on the $7.99 promotion. The ability to put my own music in it sold me (lots of local bands I have)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Xbox Music for on demand and Songza for radio/recommended playlists.

I've had a Zune Pass subscription for a long time and am grandfathered in the 10-downloads/month plan, thus Xbox (what they changed the name to) for me. It has it's detractors but is still worth a look.

Songza, IMO, has by far the best free streaming playlists available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4