Battery Doctor

dandrew68

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Do apps like battery doctor and battery savers hurt your battery more than they save them? Or do they really save you battery life?

Posted via Android Central App

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Do apps like battery doctor and battery savers hurt your battery more than they save them? Or do they really save you battery life?

Yes, battery saving apps can actually drain your battery faster than helping it. Android devices that are running newer platforms such as Jellybean or Kitkat shouldn't need battery saver apps which are basically just task killers. Only on older Android devices.

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I think it really depends on how you use the app. In my case I forget to turn off some sensors and stop some big apps (non background) sometimes. This is a one touch clean-up to turn them off and conserve energy. The extended life profiles can help by limiting background processes and disabling sensors automatically for different parts of the day.

If you're rooted, this app can save more by under-clocking the CPU.