Sudden GOS Issues

rbi411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Up until this week I've never had a problem with my Verizon M7 in terms of GPS. It locked on fast and off I went. Ever since Tuesday, my phone hasn't been locking on to GPS satellites (allegedly). It seem that Maps or Waze or whatever turn-by-turn direction app I try to use can find my initial location but it almost immediately says satellite reception lost or missing satellite link (or something else to that effect). Read in a few places that GPS Status could fix a few issues but that is still showing an infinite loop of GPS locating sadness. I'm still getting nothing. Anybody else have these sorts of GPS issues before? How did you fix it?

rbi411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that going into Settings and then Location would give me access to setting my GPS to high accuracy. When I go into my settings I see this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0eqxtj0to9a7ws/Screenshot_2014-08-22-14-04-26.png?dl=0

Not seeing anything about turning on High Accuracy there. I'm going to have to wait to test some other GPSes when other people get home. The car GPS I have that I hate using works though.

Edit: Will add that I am still on 4.3. I'm paranoid about warranties but I still want to rom this when it expires. Still haven't upgraded to 4.4 because I want firewater to work when I'm ready to use it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Your device is properly set to use the GPS radio. High Accuracy, Device Only, and Battery Saving are terms used in vanilla KitKat on Nexus devices.

rbi411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm after testing 4 iPhone 5S, one GS4 and a N7 that my device is the only one I can get my hands on that isn't able to get my GSP up and running for turn-by-turn. Next step to check?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only other thing I can suggest is to boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: HTC One (LTE) | T-Mobile Support

You could always do a factory reset, but that will erase your data, and is more of a hassle.

Apart from that, you may want to consider contacting HTC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez