Encryption interrupted Error

Theta Obee

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I've shut my phone off before going to bed a few nights ago, then when i woke up, i turned my phone on and all i after a default lockscreen is this message :

"Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible. To resume using your phone , you must perform a factory reset. When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google Account."

if i stay on this screen i can shut my phone off an on and the volume rocker still works, but the only other option i have is to click the RESET PHONE button.
doing so however only gives me the Android System Recovery mode with the ff options and results i get:

1. reboot : if i choose this, the dead android guy just flashes off and on and i can no longer shut my phone down. have to drain the built in battery to shut it down and try another option.
2. apply update from adb: prompts me to sideload a file.. no idea how to do this.. and i believe usb debugging might be required and i recall my usb debugging mode was off before this issue happened.
3. apply update from external storage : the htc one has a built in sd card (apart from the internal phone storage), and i have no update file on it, nor do i have a way of copying one onto it.
4. wipe data/reset : did so, after which, will need to select reboot option, and will just give same result for option # 1 as above..
5. wipe cache partition : same results as #4.
6. apply update from cache: no idea how to do this either.

i would desperately want to recover my files from the built in external storage. but i'm crossing my fingers anyone can help me get the phone fully functional. factory state will be fine. help please..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress