10-17-2016 04:17 PM
64 123
tools
    It might be Windows. They do have driver signature issues. Windows is starting to not like non MS drivers...at all.
    05-29-2015 04:45 PM
    Step 5: Not able to get into Recovery mode .... the bootloop continues as long as the keys (Vol up + Power buttons) are hold
    I don't understand why you are holding any buttons down. While in the bootloader and HBoot is highlighted you should have recovery option in the menu. Scroll down to recovery and tap the power button.
    05-29-2015 08:24 PM
    !!!
    06-04-2015 02:10 PM
    Since the option recovery (under hboot menu) was not working ..... I was suggested to use keys (hardware) to force recovery option on the mobile device .... but it didn't work either. I did visit the carrier device support but they were too unable to recover ..... what bugged me is nobody cared to understand the reason for OS update failure (after all its software .... and software can be recovered with a simple format, new OS install, etc techniques) ... it cannot be recovered only when there is a design flaw .... in this particular case the flaw is maintained by carrier to influence sales $$$ The mobile industry is working-out the shift (with apps esp like whatsapp) is where the profit parameters are different and in-order to incorporate today's convenience energy needs to be spent on the infrastructure model ..... hence until carrier service providers try to milk profits from old infrastructure model such design flaws will be common
    What carrier are you on ? We can see if there is a RUU available. We can also erase the cache using a fastboot command while in the bootloader. Open a cmd prompt from the folder with adb/fastboot and with the phone in the bootloader and fastboot usb mode type this cmd

fastboot erase cache
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-06-2015 07:57 AM
    The circular activity to diagnose who is really responsible for this USB block: is it Windows, or Android or HTC?
    You need to use fastboot cmd and not adb
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-06-2015 08:05 AM
    I have the new marshmallow update, when recovery is clicked, it goes straight to a dark screen with the red symbol then reboots to my home screen. Where do I find the wipe cashe partion now?
    Super Dave426 likes this.
    01-11-2016 08:02 AM
    I have the new marshmallow update, when recovery is clicked, it goes straight to a dark screen with the red symbol then reboots to my home screen. Where do I find the wipe cashe partion now?
    They may have changed the process. I will see what I can find later tonight.
    01-11-2016 02:43 PM
    Take a look here and see if it works for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...low-6-0-a.html
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-11-2016 03:07 PM
    Where would be the latest directions for installing something like Cyanogmod on to my HTC One M8?
    06-07-2016 11:41 PM
    Where would be the latest directions for installing something like Cyanogmod on to my HTC One M8?
    Try XDA. You need to unlock the bootloader, get S Off, flash a custom recovery, and then flash the ROM, not necessarily in that order.
    06-08-2016 12:18 PM
    Thanks Benny3 and Golfdriver97 ... i appreciate the help so far. Now i'll get the bootloader information posted ASAP. Just so you know Benny3 i am not familiar with RUU and so i might need some directives on that...
    Also yesterday when i try to flash the stock again Golfdriver97 i saw something flas by quickly when i tried to go into recovery and i couldn't see it clearly but it said from what I could see that "loading image... wrong image" something about loading image and wrong image but that screen runs by quickly... would you happen to know what that is? or what it's referring to... meaning i have the wrong image and how would i fix that...
    thanks
    hey sir. i wanna ask you something. can i have your email address? its about my htc one m8. wanna ask some help regarding my device.
    06-10-2016 06:39 AM
    hey sir. i wanna ask you something. can i have your email address? its about my htc one m8. wanna ask some help regarding my device.
    You may ask here. I am subscribed to this thread.
    06-10-2016 12:09 PM
    How do I safely install Cyanogen OS on HTC M8 without the risk of bricking it?
    10-12-2016 05:45 PM
    How do I safely install Cyanogen OS on HTC M8 without the risk of bricking it?
    There is always a risk. You would need to unlock the bootloader, enable S Off, flash a custom recovery, then flash a custom ROM. Not necessarily in that order.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-17-2016 04:17 PM
64 123