cant get firmware to update to intall a rom on htc one m8 att

Aakash Parikh

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
ATT stock to this rom

I want to install igitalhigh GPE - The ORIGINAL GPE for HTC M8

OK, so i want to go from my att stock rom which runs 4.4.2 ( ATT doesnt have 4.4.4 or 4.4.3) to this custom rom.
I already have an unlocked boothloader and sim-off.
my hboot version i believe is 3.17.
and twrm.

I noticed it says i need to install a 4.4.4 or 5.0 firmware to get this rom working espally for wifi.
When i install it right now,everything works but the wifi. Can someone please walk me through the steps.

Sally Joshua

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
First thing you need to do is to unlock the One S bootloader and then install the CWM recovery. All the tools you need are listed in this guide here.
Download the One MaximuS ROM zip firmware fils from here.
Now copy the custom ROM zip on your phone’s internal SDcard. Disconnect the device from your PC.
Download the Android fastboot kit from here. Save this file on your PC.
Extract the contents of ‘Android fastboot kit’ into a single folder on your computer desktop screen. The folder should be renamed to Android.
Power off your HTC One S.
Boot the device into bootloader mode. This can be done by pressing and holding simultaneously the ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons. Select fastboot and press Power to enter the ‘fastboot’ mode.
When in fastboot mode you will need to connect your HTC One S to your computer.
Open the ‘Android’ folder you’ve created at step 5 and double click the file that says ‘install boot.img.bat’ file. This action will flash the phone’s kernel.
Wait for the kernel to be installed. You’ll know that it installed correctly when a screen opens and after that automatically closes by itself.
Now, go back to your phone screen and select ‘HBOOT’ and press ‘power button’ to open a new menu. Here select ‘Recovery’ and launch it. Your phone will boot the recovery mode.
Select the option that says ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm its actions by selecting ‘YES’. Wait for the data wiping process to be completed.
We need to install the One MaximuS ROM by selecting the ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
Now find the ROM file on your internal SDcard. It should be the one you’ve moved on your phone at step 3. Confirm its installation and then wait for the One MaximuS ROM to be successfully flashed.
When the ROM update is complete you will be taken back to recovery. Select ‘++Go Back++’ and then select ‘reboot system now’. Your phone will now run its first boot into One MaximuS ROM.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
ATT stock to this rom

I want to install igitalhigh GPE - The ORIGINAL GPE for HTC M8

OK, so i want to go from my att stock rom which runs 4.4.2 ( ATT doesnt have 4.4.4 or 4.4.3) to this custom rom.
I already have an unlocked boothloader and sim-off.
my hboot version i believe is 3.17.
and twrm.

I noticed it says i need to install a 4.4.4 or 5.0 firmware to get this rom working espally for wifi.
When i install it right now,everything works but the wifi. Can someone please walk me through the steps.

Since AT&T have not updated past 4.4.2, you will need to update the firmware for the GPE ROM to work properly.

To update your firmware, you'll have to s-off your device. There's a number of ways to do this, the firewater method is free, the Sunshine method costs $25. I suggest you try firewater first.

For everything else, follow the Vomer Guide on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/general/vomerguides-m8-bootldr-unlock-s-off-t2800727

Posted via the Android Central App

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I think I saw in your other thread that you are SOFF already. What I did, was to run the rooted RUU here-
[RUU] M8 Google Edition Conversion. 5.0.1 - … | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forums

That loads the latest firmware for GPE as well as the stock GPE rom. From there, flash your recovery in fastboot, and then you can flash any lollipop GPE based ROM. With the partition sizes of GPE being different than GPE, you will have trouble going back to Sense. There is modified firmware floating around to have Sense sized partitions on the GPE level firmware, but I have not bothered since Sense doesn't offer me anything that I do not already have with the Skydragon ROM (sense camera and gallery). I have read numerous people that have, so they can flash back and forth, so it seems to work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa