There's gotta be an easier way !!

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
When I want to change my os on my computer , I save what I want , wipe the drive with killdisk and reload whichever new os I like . easy . Now I'd just like to unlock , s,off and root this m8 and from what I've read so far it seems like almost building new phone from the ground up . please help , what's the easiest and safest way to take control of my phone ?

Posted via my HTC one m8

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks whitelunchbag I've actually seen that link on one of your other posts and thought gee what a massive undertaking but I guess my first computer os replacement I most likely was thinking gee what a massive undertaking , now its a walk in the park . must be gettin lazy. I am gonna give it a go , hope you guys can help me out when things get a bit confusing for me which I'm sure I'll have my moments . all I can say is thank god I found this site with a forum dedicated to molding my exact phone . how Lucky's that 😂😂

Posted via my HTC one m8

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That guide looks good, especially getting your adb/fastboot working. But the Firewater exploit used to get SOFF in the early M8 days does not work on most devices anymore. This means that you need to use the sunshine app (SunShine S-Off / Unlock - Motorola & HTC Bootloader Unlock) which will set you back $25. When I did this a few months back, I did all the steps by hand, and I think the Sunshine app will do everything on the phone for you, if it can. You can download and run it for free to see if you are compatible... the cost comes if you want to say YES and let it do it, I have heard that some of the newest M8's are not workable with Sunshine yet, so use it and see before you spend too much time.

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up Loraque . bit confused already and haven't even started yet , I did read that a combination of firewater and forgotten the name version 2 might work but I'm not sure if it was for that purpose . also seen adds spruiking their services for $30 to perform the process for me but I think it might be root only . More importantly I wouldn't be educating myself in any way which wouldn't be very interesting and leave me up the creek when I wanted to do more or something went wrong ....

Posted via my HTC one m8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non