HTC One (M8): Big four US networks on the 25th?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Big four US networks on the 25th?

Could not agree more.
I'm just gonna say, if Verizon has a 2 week exclusive and that's gonna make you not want it then you didn't really want it anyway.

Two weeks from the 25th is the 8th. The S5 comes out on the 11th.

How much time has passed since the S5 was announced and April 11th? A lot more than two weeks.

dabunique

May 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm just gonna say, if Verizon has a 2 week exclusive and that's gonna make you not want it then you didn't really want it anyway.

How much time has passed since the S5 was announced and April 11th? A lot more than two weeks.

Ugh I so want this phone and havin to wait sucks ... guess i'm gonna have to sulk and wait it out

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

While I think exclusives suck, perfect point.

Since when has there not been an exlusive with any manufacture besides apple? I'm pretty sure the GS4 was released on carriers at different times, I believe it took Verizon almost a month longer than AT&T.

Are we even sure that the GS5 is releasing at the same time every where?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm not to concerned about it. I think they should all drop at the same time but a couple weeks ain't gonna hurt me any

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

While I think exclusives suck, perfect point.

Since when has there not been an exlusive with any manufacture besides apple? I'm pretty sure the GS4 was released on carriers at different times, I believe it took Verizon almost a month longer than AT&T.

Are we even sure that the GS5 is releasing at the same time every where?

I think all major US carriers have said April 11th for the S5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

I think all major US carriers have said April 11th for the S5.

I thought only Sprint and US Cellular had announced a release date while everyone else said April. It would be nice for android manufactures to release it on all at once.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

False.
I'm a man of principle, not a man of pure satisfaction.
I believe in consumer power, and my personal statement to exclusivity for a flagship is to not buy their products. I'm not some salivating consumer who wants to buy things just to have them because I want them, I have my morals on products just like most things.

Also when Samsung releases their phone after their announcement is irrelevant. I don't buy Samsung phones, but at least they'll release on all carriers they can as fast as possible.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

False.
I believe in consumer power, and my personal statement to exclusivity for a flagship is to not buy their products. I'm not some salivating consumer who wants to buy things just to have them because I want them, I have my morals on products just like most things.

Also when Samsung releases their phone after their announcement is irrelevant. I don't buy Samsung phones, but at least they'll release on all carriers they can as fast as possible.

Out of curiosity what device do you currently use?

Time to market after announcement matters. From a marketing and "buzz" perspective. In HTC's case it's also a competitive advantage to be in channel and available before Samsung.

I doubt this exclusive rumor is true though. I don't have any real proof, just personal doubt's.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Out of curiosity what device do you currently use?

Time to market after announcement matters. From a marketing and "buzz" perspective. In HTC's case it's also a competitive advantage to be in channel and available before Samsung.

I doubt this exclusive rumor is true though. I don't have any real proof, just personal doubt's.

Currently using the HTC One.
I just don't like exclusivity on products that want to be huge hits. At least pretend that the carriers are the ones holding off and Verizon is just going ahead of the game. Announcing exclusivity is just a smack in the face of everyone else who wants their phone.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Currently using the HTC One.
I just don't like exclusivity on products that want to be huge hits. At least pretend that the carriers are the ones holding off and Verizon is just going ahead of the game. Announcing exclusivity is just a smack in the face of everyone else who wants their phone.
So you just said you believe in Consumer power and wouldn't buy a product if it wasn't available to all the carriers.....and you own an HTC One. Wasn't that delayed forever for Verizon?

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

So you just said you believe in Consumer power and wouldn't buy a product if it wasn't available to all the carriers.....and you own an HTC One. Wasn't that delayed forever for Verizon?

It wasnt delayed as verizon didnt want it at first. Totally different situation.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Weren't some of the colors later on carrier exclusive?

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Refer to smooth3006's comment. Verizon was delaying it, HTC wasn't setting any sort of exclusivity.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm hoping to buy direct from HTC unlocked so I can bypass AT&T all together.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I imagine Verizon is paying a lot for the two weeks with the new HTC One. If they're willing to do that, more power too them. We all know HTC could use the funding. Haha

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I imagine Verizon is paying a lot for the two weeks with the new HTC One. If they're willing to do that, more power too them. We all know HTC could use the funding. Haha

I agree. They need the money, and if this is true it's not too lengthy to significantly hinder sales IMO. It'll still be out on all carriers when the S5 launches.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

We all know that HTC needs the money but it seems that Samsung is using their substantial marketing budget to do exclusivity to their advantage. With all the rumors going around I logged into my Sprint account and right there first phone on the list when I go to shop is the pre-order for the S5. I've been holding my upgrade for the new One and it seems Samsung has beaten HTC to the punch with the S5. Although as far as I know Sprint has been pushing the Galaxy series for a long time except when Sprint got the Iphone. I will be getting the One whenever it is released for Sprint, like others I don't want to wait and would love to be able to get mine when everyone else does but I'm not going to have a hissy fit about it and before all the flaming happens. I prefer HTC over Samsung because that is my choice and I'm on Sprint because I've never had an issue with the service.

Ice

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

There are diehard HTC guys like me who are willing to wait for this phone.. Hell, I waited 4 months for Verizon to release my M7. That being said I am glad VZW is getting it first this time but if they want to truly compete they need a flooding of this phone on all carriers or there wont be an M9.. Their advertising campaign better be rock solid if they want to sell this phone against the iPhone and S5.

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

False.

Samsung made the original note and the skyrocket and infuse only available for att off the start and the HTC one max is not available on att. Lets not forget motorla and there droid line on verizon. Every brand does it but I'm not justifying it or think its right, just saying.

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Ill wait 2 weeks to a month after launch just to see if any hardware or software bugs need to get worked out.
Look at the Nexus 5. Had to re-do the housings for better external speaker.
Seems the later batches of HTC One had the camera issue fixed. I know i waited a few months after M7 release and i have never had the purple tint.
If verizon gets an exclusive for 2 weeks i say good for them. I hope HTC makes money off the exclusive deal.
2 weeks isnt much of a waiting period for me personally. Then maybe a few more weeks for other carriers to get devices out in public and see how the forums do. If all goes well ill get one then.