Verizon HTC One (M8): White Triangle/Voice Roaming?

sc650

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got it today, activated & everything. Now there's a white triangle above the signal bars & a triangle in the notification tray that says Voice roaming / Roaming is on. I already switched the preferred network to lte/cdma. How do I get rid of this?

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon HTC One help

Just got it today, activated & everything. Now there's a white triangle above the signal bars & a triangle in the notification tray that says Voice roaming / Roaming is on. I already switched the preferred network to lte/cdma. How do I get rid of this?

Is there an option in those same settings that lets you turn roaming off? I'm curious if others are seeing this as well.

bill1171

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I left the store with the white triangle salesperson didn't know how to get rid of it. He told me if its there tomorrow to bring it back. There is no option to turn off voice roaming as far as I can tell.

sc650

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I left the store with the white triangle salesperson didn't know how to get rid of it. He told me if its there tomorrow to bring it back. There is no option to turn off voice roaming as far as I can tell.

keep me updated on the situation. I'll stop by the store today & see what they say about it.

anon(1254132)

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon HTC One (M8) help

I had the same issue. I took it back in store, they replaced the SIM card twice, and ended up just replacing my phone with a new one. Take it back in store and they should do the same.

olydrh

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I just got mine too, and the VZW rep in store said this is a known issue. They swapped phones, sim cards, and still can't get one of these to not do this. Rep said he has done more than 12 of the M8, all the same. Looks like this may be a bug that has to be patched. Calls work fine for me. So some of you guys have gotten this to go away by swapping the whole phone? I don't have the shipped SIM card, my was a new one from the store. Hhhmmm.

bill1171

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Cool Thanks for info guys will take ride to store tomorrow. It is weird no voice issues, just the dumb triangle.

anon(1254132)

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I just got mine too, and the VZW rep in store said this is a known issue. They swapped phones, sim cards, and still can't get one of these to not do this. Rep said he has done more than 12 of the M8, all the same. Looks like this may be a bug that has to be patched. Calls work fine for me. So some of you guys have gotten this to go away by swapping the whole phone? I don't have the shipped SIM card, my was a new one from the store. Hhhmmm.

On the original phone I bought, the voice roaming icon wouldn't go away. 4G data worked, voice calls worked, but the icon just wouldn't go away, even after 2 SIM card swaps. VZW rep went to the back, brought out a new phone, and worked perfect. No icon.

I should add that before I went in store, I was on the phone with VZW tech support for about a half hour. Went through a slew of menu options/setting/etc, and the rep even called HTC for a fix with no luck.

WinDroidGuy

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

On the original phone I bought, the voice roaming icon wouldn't go away. 4G data worked, voice calls worked, but the icon just wouldn't go away, even after 2 SIM card swaps. VZW rep went to the back, brought out a new phone, and worked perfect. No icon.

I should add that before I went in store, I was on the phone with VZW tech support for about a half hour. Went through a slew of menu options/setting/etc, and the rep even called HTC for a fix with no luck.

same here :/

sikhuh

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

I just held down on the triangle then it said app info. Go there and hit force stop. It goes away. Phone works fine.

Casey Stein

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, verizon tech support chat is unable to remedy the problem. does closing the white triangle prevent roaming? not that i'm worried about my coverage area, but, in the event i do leave i don't want to get hit by this...

WinDroidGuy

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Talked to jetleigh from HTC today, she said there's a fix & she will personally post it here "soon". They're also communicating the fix with Verizon to tell others about it.

Tinmann77

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got the HTC one about a month and a half ago, for the past month I constantly get that stupid triangle saying I'm roaming when I'm not. Verizon can't give me answers, and the HTC rep who is handling my complaint (jonathan) told me to update my software (it's already current), asked what my software version is, and refered me to this forum.

So far I don't see any fixes listed here that might be at all hellpful.

Also jonathan, if you read this I found this forum before I contacted HTC, if it had answered my question on how to turn off voice roaming I wouldn't have contacted HTC.