HTC One (M8): Camera Lens Issue

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, for sure. Honestly, there wasn't much to it. I just grabbed some toothpaste and q-tips and took the protective case off of my phone. Then I put a dab of toothpaste onto the q-tip and rubbed the main lens for 30 seconds to a minute. I basically just smeared it all over and rubbed gently, rotating the q-tip as I did it. Then I did the same with the smaller lens, just in case. When I was done, I used a napkin to remove the toothpaste and made sure everything was clean and clear. Then I opened the camera app and saw a difference immediately. I took a few pictures with the camera just in case, and they were definitely above the quality I'd had over the past month or two. I haven't had any issues since then, although it's only been a few days now.

It might not be the solution for everyone, but it definitely worked on my end! If worse comes to worse, it's worth a try in case you're a little nervous about using some sort of actual cleaner on it. Right now, I'm just glad that the pin drop of toothpaste saved me from dropping $75 for a new camera part at Sprint!

BruceCk

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I took mine to a phone repair store they replaced the whole camera for $80
That sounds like a waste of $80 to me, particularly if the new camera has the same coating. It will wear off rapidly like the rest. Once you have removed the coating, the camera perfoms well, or at least as well it can given its limitations.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana