Harman Kardon M8

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So you said all reports state they are using Harmon Kardon speakers and the official announcement says otherwise, which is why I asked you which reports....

Posted via Android Central App
That post was recently updated to include that link, but all previous reports stated it, as you can still read in the article.

I'm just reporting the information. It's possible that the official link is a clarification, or it still might mean the speakers are different in the Sprint version. It's really how you interpret it, imo, especially when combined with the previous reports.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That link was recently updated to include that link, but all previous reports stated it, as you can still read in the article.

I'm just reporting the information.

All previous reports can say whatever they want, my point was the OFFICIAL announcement states they are using HTC's proprietary speakers. No need in spreading false information when we actually have the facts. I highly doubt Sprints announcement is wrong

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
All previous reports can say whatever they want, my point was the OFFICIAL announcement states they are using HTC's proprietary speakers. No need in spreading false information when we actually have the facts. I highly doubt Sprints announcement is wrong

I added some to my post. But again I think it's still up to interpretation. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, does it?

I find no reason to discuss it further. If it works on everybody's, great. If it doesn't sound significantly different on the Sprint versions versus the other variants, then we'll know for sure. I think that's the only way to know.

The mention of HTC's front facing speakers to me wasn't an indication of the manufacturer but rather the location of the speakers. Imagine the outrage if they actually came out and said the Sprint version had better speakers? Doesn't mean it isn't true.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I added some to my post. But again I think it's still up to interpretation. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, does it?

I find no reason to discuss it further. If it works on everybody's, great. If it doesn't sound significantly different on the Sprint versions versus the other variants, then we'll know for sure. I think that's the only way to know.

The mention of HTC's front facing speakers to me wasn't an indication of the manufacturer but rather the location of the speakers. Imagine the outrage if they actually came out and said the Sprint version had better speakers? Doesn't mean it isn't true.

The official announcement doesn't just say HTC's front facing speakers, it says HTC's proprietary front facing speakers. Which means it's designed and manufactured by HTC. I don't see how that's open to interpretation?

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The official announcement doesn't just say HTC's front facing speakers, it says HTC's proprietary front facing speakers. Which means it's designed and manufactured by HTC. I don't see how that's open to interpretation?

Are the speakers proprietary, the location or both? You'd have to check the patents. Have you?

You're suggesting that HTC doesn't subcontract the building of the speakers in their device to another company? Either way, once they go in the phone, they belong to HTC. It still doesn't mean Harman Kardon wasn't the contractor used to build the speakers for the Sprint variants.

We could do this all day, but again, it's really irrelevant. How about we just both let it go?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Are the speakers proprietary, the location or both? You'd have to check the patents. Have you?

You're suggesting that HTC doesn't subcontract the building of the speakers in their device to another company? Either way, once they go in the phone, they belong to HTC. It still doesn't mean Harman Kardon wasn't the contractor used to build the speakers for the Sprint variants.

We could do this all day, but again, it's really irrelevant. How about we just both let it go?

If Harmon Kardon did in fact make the speakers on the special edition, don't you think that would be a huge marketing point? Why wouldn't they proudly say the speakers are made by HK? This is what leads me to believe they are made by HTC.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If Harmon Kardon did in fact make the speakers on the special edition, don't you think that would be a huge marketing point? Why wouldn't they proudly say the speakers are made by HK? This is what leads me to believe they are made by HTC.

I don't work for HTC's marketing department, so I can't speak to that. But if in fact the speakers on ALL the Sprint variants are HK, it would completely devalue the point of the special edition, which would explain it's lack of mention.

Again, at the end of the day, does it matter? Can we be done with this pointless debate?

I'm running the software on my M8, and it's great. That's all I care about at this point. Can we all agree on that, at least?

cdaq

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Who cares about the speakers? Anyone truly concerned about HQ audio will be listening through good head phones or another amp/speakers via analog out. The real question, as Bowie has stated, is the DAC and any associated electronics in the audio signal path. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how we can get that information.
BTW, I'm kind of an android noob, what is this S-OFF thing the captain was talking about? I'd love to get some better audio software.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't work for HTC's marketing department, so I can't speak to that. But if in fact the speakers on ALL the Sprint variants are HK, it would completely devalue the point of the special edition, which would explain it's lack of mention.

Again, at the end of the day, does it matter? Can we be done with this pointless debate?

I'm running the software on my M8, and it's great. That's all I care about at this point. Can we all agree on that, at least?

Exactly my point, it would devalue the special edition HTC one m8, which is why they all have the same speakers. I don't know of any company that would come out with a special edition and fail to mention a big selling point just to not make current owners mad. The whole point of it is to sell more devices, not to get current owners to switch to the special edition.

If it doesn't matter to you, no one is making you reply? Stop posting, I don't care. I'm just trying to prevent misinformation because we have an official announcement that doesn't say anything about specific HK speakers.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The internet is full of misinformation, true story.

I only linked to what the reports said. Believe them, or believe HTC. The choice is yours.

I'm happy now with what I have :).

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand your question. The "regular" Sprint M8 won't get an update to become the HK edition. I explained the only way you'll get it (outside of buying it) it by S-OFF and flashing the ROM with the supporting software.

This software exists or is in the works? Don't see how they can replicate it but that'd be sweet if so. That would be worth rooting to me alone.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I activated my Sprint M8 Framily line on April 22nd, do you guys think I'll have any issues getting Sprint to swap it out for the H/K edition?
As long as you're within the 14-day window, your phone is undamaged and you have all accessories and the original box, it shouldn't be an issue.

They might try to stick you with a restocking fee, but some complaining could likely persuade them to waive it.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
As long as you're within the 14-day window, your phone is undamaged and you have all accessories and the original box, it shouldn't be an issue.

They might try to stick you with a restocking fee, but some complaining could likely persuade them to waive it.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the phone will only be available ONLINE starting the 2nd. Doesn't hit stores until the 9th...... I'll have to call up customer service on Friday and see what they can do.