why the HK M8?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
is it hard to do those roms and hacks in order to obtain the HK features. I'm not good with that stuff

I'm pretty adept in that aspect of Android. If you go to XDAs website the tutorials they have on there are pretty noob friendly. If you have any questions you feel are not being addressed there. Then there is always this community of awesome people to help out too. There is even a forum section on Android central for the M8 Rom rooting and hacks. I was always told, you can't catch fish if you don't go fishing. And there's all kinds of different fish for this phone. As long as your able to follow instructions to the tee, you can do it.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So the sound on my Sony surround home theater system is way better with this software. The clarity and compression is amazing. Switching back and forth between On/Off in the settings while playing music, you can hear the difference. Same with the included ear buds that came with the M8! Better than BoomSound.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered an M8/HK from Amazon for $199. Sprint (Non HK is $149).... Should be here on Wednesday. I am an audio engineer, both live and studio and I'm sure it's a very subtle difference.. but I'll let you know when I get a chance to listen.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered an M8/HK from Amazon for $199. Sprint (Non HK is $149).... Should be here on Wednesday. I am an audio engineer, both live and studio and I'm sure it's a very subtle difference.. but I'll let you know when I get a chance to listen.
I'm sure there's a difference, but is it "better" when listening to well transferred music? As an engineer, I'm sure you know that universal enhancements tend to be a negative to the discriminating ear.

Will be interested in hearing what people think of it.

AlejandroPH

May 2, 2014
Visit site
What's the difference anyway ? I bought mine in the Hong Kong Airport and I'm loving it except that I can't remove some Chinese apps (e.g. Sina Weibo)

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
is that the with contract price?
I'm sure there's a difference, but is it "better" when listening to well transferred music? As an engineer, I'm sure you know that universal enhancements tend to be a negative to the discriminating ear.

Will be interested in hearing what people think of it.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd be nice if htc had a trade/swap program for all the people Who brought the OG m8 and now want HK M8.
Why though? For a pair of headphones? Some people seem to really want this but no one says why. It's not going to sound better except for the few who like enhancement processors. The majority of people who care about audio quality don't want enhancement algorithms mucking up their music. Mix and mastering engineers make a living getting music to sound it's very best. A little program on the phone is not going to magically make it better. To each is own but original M8 owners shouldn't feel that they're missing out.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
My whole thing is Why come out with one version of the phone and then all the sudden bring another phone that is pretty much exactly the same except for a couple features. Why couldnt they just have them on the original model
Why though? For a pair of headphones? Some people seem to really want this but no one says why. It's not going to sound better except for the few who like enhancement processors. The majority of people who care about audio quality don't want enhancement algorithms mucking up their music. Mix and mastering engineers make a living getting music to sound it's very best. A little program on the phone is not going to magically make it better. To each is own but original M8 owners shouldn't feel that they're missing out.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
My whole thing is Why come out with one version of the phone and then all the sudden bring another phone that is pretty much exactly the same except for a couple features. Why couldnt they just have them on the original model
Promotion. They could make them all the same, in the same color, but that would be pretty stale. They want to appeal to a variety of people so they do things like this. When Burger King puts SpiderMan on their wrappers it doesn't make the burgers any better. But, people buy more of them. I think phone people tend to get too caught up in having to have the latest and greatest and that's a losing game. I'm just trying to reassure people that they're not really missing out on anything.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm still really digging the black and gold color scheme. I'm going to stop by the Sprint store after work today and look at one for real. Then I'll know if I have to have one or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress