Sprint m8 data connection issue, solutions?

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had the m8 since it came out. Worked great the 1st week I had it. Ever since I can't maintain any sort of data connection (texting issues, mms, Internet, etc.).

Is anyone else having this problem and if so what are some solutions?

Posted via the One successor to the One

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm.. So all cell services have gone bad... Did you get an update or has anything changed that you know of?

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had the m8 since it came out. Worked great the 1st week I had it. Ever since I can't maintain any sort of data connection (texting issues, mms, Internet, etc.).

Is anyone else having this problem and if so what are some solutions?

Have you checked with Sprint to see if they might be upgrading your towers? That seems to be a common issue.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how long you've been with Sprint, but I was with them for over 10 years, and for the past 3 years or so, that is normal. Their network is absolute garbage.

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Sprint was updating their towers around my place last year and I couldn't send or receive text, and could barely make phone calls. But as soon as I made it to a different cell tower, poof, everything people sent came through. I'd say call and check; I got a pretty nice discount for the month because they didn't notify me that they were upgrading and it would affect my service.

If that isn't the issue, you can try updating the profile. I tends to help me from time to time.

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Only updated the 1st sprint update, don't know how that fits with the time line of a week into having it.

I have checked towers, sometimes it is being updated and others no. It doesn't work anywhere from Fayetteville/Charleston/Morgantown, WV or anywhere in Pittsburgh and between those places.

Could they really just be updating all towers within that ~300 mile radius?

I didn't have any problems within the 1st four years of service with them.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Only updated the 1st sprint update, don't know how that fits with the time line of a week into having it.

I have checked towers, sometimes it is being updated and others no. It doesn't work anywhere from Fayetteville/Charleston/Morgantown, WV or anywhere in Pittsburgh and between those places.

Could they really just be updating all towers within that ~300 mile radius?

I didn't have any problems within the 1st four years of service with them.

I would call Sprint and find out and tell them your problem...

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Done that, about 20 times. No solution whatsoever.

I'm spinning one way while they're running circles around me another way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall