T-Mobile and 4G LTE Data Issue?

searchmaven

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The last couple of weeks my T-Mobile branded M8 will have full 4G LTE bars but completely lose its data connection. Rebooting the phone will reconnect to LTE data but only temporarily before it's lost again. Changing the connection to 4G-only results in consistent data connection without interruption so I'm guessing the issue has something to do specifically with T-Mobile's LTE backend. Anyone else on T-Mobile experiencing this?

LelandC

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have. It's pretty annoying so I hope that they'll find the fix soon. However, instead of restarting the phone I just turn airplane mode on and off. It's quicker I think.

Posted via the Android Central App using my HTC One (M8)

5dadd7

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I think it is a phone issue. I purchased one from Sprint and had the same problem. Called Sprint and HTC about it and ended up sending the phone back to HTC. I am waiting on my replacement phone to see if the problem repeats itself. If if does I will be returning it, since it is my work phone and need it working.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I found a more reliable connection by creating my own APN and using IPv4. The default is IPv6. With 6 on i would tend to have LTE connection but after a while no data would pass.

On a more rare account, i have noticed when driving across cities my device might get stuck on 4G and NOT go back to LTE. Airplane mode helped me switch back to LTE but i still had data issues. Power cycling fixed it. However for me this has only happened a couple of times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo