Mobile Data loss on CVC5 update with T-Mobile?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
So, let me get this straight...

There were a subset of users BEFORE the update that were getting a ton of connectivity issues after the update to Android 12... I was one of those... I HATED it, but the best fix was the Airplane Mode since the Dialer fix out there killed any ability for me to connect to 5G and 4G LTE sucked for speeds (normally, it doesn't, but in this case, it did).

Then, the CVC5 update rolls out, and for me (and a lot that had the issue), it seems fixed. However, those that did NOT have the issues PRIOR to the update, now have the issue.

This is very Suspect as to their ability to support multiple variants of a device, even when the differences are very slight.

Yes that seems to be the case. Ever since I updated to CVC5 I have been having the issues. I haven't received the April update to see if it fixes it for me.

Another thing that has been happening is while I am in my car I usually plug the phone into the 25w wall style Samsung charger because my car has a typical home outlet in the back seat. Every now and then I grab my phone to see if I have any notifications and the phone is incredibly hot and the screen is all the way dim and it won't let me raise the brightness due to the phones heat. It's so hot if you touch the fingerprint scanner it feels like it could potentially leave a slight burn on your skin. The only way to stop this is to unplug the charger and let the phone cool down.

I'm going to swap out the charger with another charger to see if maybe the charger is defective, I hope it's not a hardware issue with the phone.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Well I sent my Unlocked Fold 3 to Samsung a week ago and they are finished with the repair, in the email it says " Problem found: LTE CONDUCTION TEST FAILURE. Solution: REPLACED PBA". Not sure what that exactly means but hope my connectivity issues are fixed now, should have the phone back by next Tuesday.

Attachments

• 11237.jpg
    11237.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 10

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I sent my Unlocked Fold 3 to Samsung a week ago and they are finished with the repair, in the email it says " Problem found: LTE CONDUCTION TEST FAILURE. Solution: REPLACED PBA". Not sure what that exactly means but hope my connectivity issues are fixed now, should have the phone back by next Tuesday.
Hopefully everything good now

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Got the fixed Fold3 a few days ago and haven't had the data loss isues I had before. I also got the May update and no issues, happy to be back to normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo