Sad to say goodbye :/

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I am switching from an iphone5 to the M8 on Tuesday and in preparation I have already disabled imessage and called apple to make sure they removed my number from imessage on their side. The rep texted me a code and I had to read it back to her. She said, "ok I removed you from the system, it can take 24-48 hours to fully remove you". This was last night and I am already finding out that people can text me from an iphone. Keep in mind, I am still on an iphone, but with imessage turned off, so it should still have the same effect as if i was on the M8. I had a few people I know test text me with their iphones and it still attempts to send via imessage then when it wont go through it asks to send as a text. Everything seems to be working fine...

Hopefully I have sorted this problem out before I switch!

That's exactly what I did and it didn't work.

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I did and it didn't do anything. Even the apple agent said it could take up to 45 days for me to be out of their servers and I did everything else suggested to remove my iCloud account, turn off iMessage, etc before I got rid of my last iPhone.

45 days?! I was told it could take up to 24 hours, that I'd probably receive messages within the hour but that it could taken up to 24 hours. And I'm receiving all messages without any problems now (I actually first started having problems just turning iMessage off, before I even switched devices, so I called and asked them to manually remove my number from their system - those words exactly).

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go :(

Sorry but I dont understand this at all. What is imessage and what is so crucial about it? Why cant those people just text message you or just use whatsapp which you can get for android?

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but I dont understand this at all. What is imessage and what is so crucial about it? Why cant those people just text message you or just use whatsapp which you can get for android?

Again... I don't HAVE TO HAVE iMessage. But coming from an iPhone - where iMessage is - all the people that iMessage me cannot text me when I switched to the m8. I really don't understand what's so difficult to get.

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Again... I don't HAVE TO HAVE iMessage. But coming from an iPhone - where iMessage is - all the people that iMessage me cannot text me when I switched to the m8. I really don't understand what's so difficult to get.

Just give them your mobile number???

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Just give them your mobile number???
They have his number. 'They' also have iPhones. The default messaging uses iMessages to other iPhones. This has to be deactivated. Meantime the OP is missing work messages. After this I'm out as I never had an iPhone, but most of my clients did, and ALL of my contact virtually was via texting while they worked.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The messages aren't coming through in the first place! For the love of god! Lol

It's really not that difficult to understand. You explained it very well, multiple times, and people certainly should have gotten it by now. I wish I had helpful advice to offer, but you've already tried all my would-be solutions so I sincerely wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved!

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go :(

NO! Don't go back! Okay. Call Apple and have then remove your number from their database. If that doesn't work. Have your iPhone friends delete you from their contacts and re-add you.

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It's really hard for me to not say "screw not being able to communicate the way I need to" because the gold m8 is so attractive!

oaklandm

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Think I must of been really lucky when I switched about month ago.. There were issues for a few days and I ended up having to put the sim card back in my iPhone and turn iMessage off from there and then put the sim card back in my M8, just glad I still had my iPhone to get that done. Also turned off iMessage on the iPad, since then I've had no troubles with messages.

Posted via Android Central App

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
The messages aren't coming through in the first place! For the love of god! Lol

I'm still not understanding. If people are sending you text messages and they aren't coming through then there is something wrong with either the network or the hand set.

oaklandm

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm still not understanding. If people are sending you text messages and they aren't coming through then there is something wrong with either the network or the hand set.

It is the way iMessage handles the messages, it works great all the time you are on Apple devices but the moment you switch, it gets confused I guess and doesn't know what to do. I had the same issue when I switched, people were sending me messages but I wasn't getting them. It's a well known documented issue and it's all on Apples end.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty