M8 duplicate texts received

Picasso71

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon m8, using Verizon messages as the texting app. As the title suggests, I have been receiving duplicate texts. To be more in depth, when I receive a text from someone, a minute or so later I receive another exact copy. Anyone know what's up?

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, using the default messaging app. I also get duplicate texts, usually only from the same person but not always. I also use MightyText and maybe that has something to do with it. It's not a huge biggie for me, though.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
It's usually a network thing rather than an app thing, but a good test would be to switch to stock, or some other messaging app, and see whether it continues.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Picasso71

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
It's usually a network thing rather than an app thing, but a good test would be to switch to stock, or some other messaging app, and see whether it continues.

Sent from my HTC One M8
I would find it weird to be a network problem since it only started when I got the m8 about a month ago. Also it started appearing today as though I've been sending double messages, although none of the recipients have said anything

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, phones can play a part, seemingly especially on CDMA carriers like Verizon and Sprint since all the authentication stuff isn't done exclusively by a SIM. Have you tried switching temporarily to stock messaging?

Sent from my HTC One M8

BlueAlchemy17

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem, I'm on T-Mobile using the stock app, but I noticed it's only when WiFi is on. Once I turn it off, everything is OK.

Posted via the Android Central App