Visit site
Re: New 4.4.3 update for T-Mobile One m8

They're rolling out now. That's good to know. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: New 4.4.3 update for T-Mobile One m8

COOL! I just got done chatting with Verizon. I got a single line plan for $60 a mo. with 1 gb data. they have the same plan with 2 gb data now, so they switched me free. same plan, but with 2 gb data ! not too bad for $60 a mo. ( I came to vzw from sprint)

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Mid September per report today on Android Central (Twitter and droid life sourced). Will include EPS.

Good to hear the update is finally coming for Verizon users, and that it will apparently include the EPS feature. (The previous update was rumored to have it too, but didn't. This time we have a creditable source in the form of HTC America's Presedent, but I'd still feel more comfortable if we had confirmation from Verizon on one of their websites too.)

Here is the articles/links for those interested in reading specifics:
Verizon HTC One M8 getting a power boost, updated Android OS come September | Android Central
https://twitter.com/JasonMacHTC/status/501454092095733760
https://twitter.com/moversi/status/501450222375940096
http://www.droid-life.com/2014/08/18/verizon-htc-one-m8-update-extreme-power-saving/

Rumor is the update was pushed back to mid-September because there was an issue with GPS in the first 4.4.3 update they planned, and now after HTC fixed that issue it had to be resubmitted to Verizon for approval.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's worth the wait as long as everything is fixed

Given my track record with Verizon updates across several phones, I'm not holding my breath. This is my first HTC phone, but I'm still half expecting either a moderate/major bug or functionality change that decreases usability. Much as I like and need Verizon for the network, their updates are not only slow, but could also be considered downgrades compared to the prior version in some aspects.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
This is my first HTC phone, but I'm still half expecting either a moderate/major bug or functionality change that decreases usability. Much as I like and need Verizon for the network, their updates are not only slow, but could also be considered downgrades compared to the prior version in some aspects.

One of the few benefits of the Verizon version update coming out so late is its provided time for bugs that were seen in other versions (HTC own and other carrier versions) to get corrected by HTC for the Verizon release (like the GPS issue people have been reporting - which is rumored to have been the thing that pushed the release back to September). Some people have been blaming recent android updates for issues that likely have no relation to the updates (like camera picture quality). Guess we'll find out after the update comes out, and a handful of people have tested it. At least you have the option of delaying the update (by choosing not to download, or not install it) until you can verify from others that there aren't bugs tied to the apps you use.