Why won't my M8 turn on?

RavEiUK

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
M8 won't turn on

Hey guys,
I recently rooted my M8 (literally a couple of days ago) and the process went fine, the phone worked perfectly, until today midway through a session at the gym my phone turned off and refused to turn back on.
I've literally tried everything that I know of, letting the phone charge up, but not even the battery animation appears. Plugged it into my Macbook to have Android File Transfer to tell me to reconnect/restart my device, so it picks something up. Tried to boot it into recovery mode and once again, nothing happened and no response.
Are there any other methods to turn a device on with these responses that could work that anyone knows of, or even to get the laptop to read it through any other method?

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: M8 won't turn on

Just curious if you have tried holding the power button and volume down button for 10 seconds? Maybe even 20 seconds. This worked on my HTC DROID DNA a few times. Good luck because that's all I got.

sent from my nexus 7 on lollipop 5.0

RavEiUK

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Just curious if you have tried holding the power button and volume down button for 10 seconds? Maybe even 20 seconds. This worked on my HTC DROID DNA a few times. Good luck because that's all I got.

sent from my nexus 7 on lollipop 5.0

Who would have thought it was that simple! It actually worked whilst holding the power down for longer than I already had been. Thanks!

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

I am glad you got it sorted out, and by the way power + volume up works and is much faster than volume down, at least for me.

bill1171

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

wow thats really strange same thing happened to me yesterday (not rooted) went to vzw they were about to order me a new phone. the sales person just held down the power + vol down, which seemed like forever, put phone down and the screen popped on.

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

You can also hold the power on button along with volume up and volume down at the same time

Posted via the Android Central App

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Who would have thought it was that simple! It actually worked whilst holding the power down for longer than I already had been. Thanks!

Glad I could help!! From my past experience with about 8 different phones that trick has always worked on quite a few of my phones that don't have removable battery..

Matt

Sent from my rooted Vzw LG G3 on a couch in Portland Oregon

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site

I had an issue once where the screen wouldn't turn on. The phone was still on, though, because I could hear notifications coming in and the sound from taking screenshots, too. I had to use the power+vol down buttons to force power down the phone and then it came back up normally without issue and that hasn't happened since.

This is why I miss having a removable battery.

Simon66

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Had exactly the same problem - HTC M8 One refusing to switch on. In my case LED continued to flash; phone completely unresponsive apart from that. First time this has happened, and was beginning to prepare myself for a Boxing Day visit to the local O2 store (OMG!!). Thank you so much for posting this simple fix - hugely appreciated:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays