HTC One M8 Battery Drain!?!?!?!

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I plugged my phone into the charger 2 nights ago. Got to 100% and I pulled it out and put it on EXTREME POWER SAVING MODE.

1 Hour later its at 94%.. So I charge it again and then I unplug and go to bed. STILL IN EXTREME PWR SAVE.

In the morning when I wake up its at 88%. Within an hour of me not using it AT ALL its down to 77%. By mid-day with extremely light usage and constantly on extreme power saver, its at 50%. I get home, charge my phone and restart all the apps, unplug and go to bed. Next day, its at 98% which is great so I thought it fixed its self. NOT

1 hour after I checked it, with absolutely NO USAGE whatsoever besides checking the time, its gotten to 78%

I just got this phone 4 months ago and this has never happened to me.

I've had an app called Battery Doctor ever since i got the phone and on my past phones. I chekced power usage and it showed the most used but that doesn't seem to make sense. I re downloaded it. same thing....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have Battery Doctor set up to kill apps automatically? If so, turn that feature off. Killing apps can be counterproductive, since many of those apps will just start again (since that's how Android works), and the cycle of starting and killing can use up battery.

To get a better idea of what's going on, it would help to see some battery screens. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
The power savers hardly work for me I would turn them off. I've gotten better battery life with them turned off then when they were on

Posted via the Android Central App

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for the answer. I've been looking at my battery graph for the past day and what I see is a significant decline in battery power. Under it it shows lines for Mobile Network Signal, Wifi, Awake, Screen On, and Charging. I deleted Battery Doctor a few hours ago anyways.

So if you see the picture, the Wifi bar is green the WHOLE TIME and thats impossible because I only had wifi on for short patches today. I charged last night, and then it dropped significantly around 8:00am for some reason. I had minimal awake periods and minimal periods with the screen on. This is very interesting for me because its so new and I've never had this happen. Its not like over time, it just happened.

***And if you are wondering, No the loss of signal isn't the problem because I go to the same school everyday and that is common for me.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-11-20-58-44[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-11-20-58-44[1].jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 58

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu, then Advanced. Do you have "Scanning always available" turned on?

That is a weird situation overall. Any recent system updates?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen issues on some phones if the alarm is set, where the phone seems to wake itself too often to check if the alarm needs to go off. Although your battery stats don't show excessive wake time. Still, see what happens if you turn off the alarm.

wikkid15

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with my HTC M8 today. I was on 87% battery and it just turned itself off while I was sending a sms!! Somehow it just drained the battery completely.

2015-01-16 08.48.46.jpg

Last edited: