How to remove Google Drive posts from Blinkfeed?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Enter since I set up my replacement device, I've seen posts on Blinkfeed about getting 100 GB of storage from Google Drive. It shows up multiple times on my feed, even though I already set up my drive space months ago when I originally got my One M8. Any ideas on how to remove it? I don't see it listed anywhere in the settings.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419459846672.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419459846672.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 37

wobourt

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
This probably isn't much help but I used to get so annoyed at those adds too. On mine though they just disappeared a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what or if I did anything. I hope I didn't accidentally sign up for it or something. Maybe yours will go away soon too.

Posted via the Android Central App

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem and it quite for a while and started back up again. I did shut down Google Drive that might have fixed it and I opened it back up and it may have caused it to start again. I'm gonna shut it down again and see what happens.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have had the same problem and it quite for a while and started back up again. I did shut down Google Drive that might have fixed it and I opened it back up and it may have caused it to start again. I'm gonna shut it down again and see what happens.

When you say "shut down," do you mean clearing the cache and performing a force close?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think I've figured out how to remove it. I did two things. First, I force closed Drive Activator (from settings/apps/all).

Second, I saved a document from Inbox to Google Drive. Anything at all.

I'm not sure if the first step is necessary, but I really think the 2nd step is key. I think uploading to Google Drive causes that Drive Activator program to cease and desist with the notifications. So far, so good on Blinkfeed. I'll update in a day or two to see if it is gone for good.

BTW, did you know you can remove an individual item from Blinkfeed by long pressing on it, and selecting "remove" from the menu? I didn't until today. That comes in handy!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, it worked for awhile, but just now I looked, and the Google Drive post was on Blinkfeed 7 times! Back to the drawing board...

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
And now this morning, after I deleted the 7 cases last night, there are none on my Blinkfeed page now. ???

steve05

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I also have had this problem after receiving a replacement M8.
One way to remove the notification is stop google drive activator app from posting notifications. You can't do this in apps from system settings because the checkbox to deactivate notifications is disabled.

Instead download AppOps by Sylvian Galand from google play. Open up AppOps and swipe across to Device and search and select DriveActivator and then set Post Notification to Deny. This will stop DriveActivator posting notifications to Blinkfeed

EN4CER

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I also have had this problem after receiving a replacement M8.
One way to remove the notification is stop google drive activator app from posting notifications. You can't do this in apps from system settings because the checkbox to deactivate notifications is disabled.

Instead download AppOps by Sylvian Galand from google play. Open up AppOps and swipe across to Device and search and select DriveActivator and then set Post Notification to Deny. This will stop DriveActivator posting notifications to Blinkfeed

Got it, followed your instructions, but nothing showing after selecting DrivrActivator.!

steve05

May 5, 2012
Visit site
So to be clear - my M8 - is android ver 4.4.4 - SIM Free ( not locked to a Carrier). When I open AppOps and swipe across to Device, I am presented with a long list of apps. I then scroll down to Drive Activator and select it, the screen then shows :-

DriveActivator
version 2.1.808526

Post notification <date>
Allow

When Selecting Post Notification, a Dialogue window is shown with two radio buttons: Allow and Deny.

riccowboy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
From the BlinkFeed screen where you see the drive windows. Long press on the drive window. A box should pop up and then you select remove.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, I got a call tonight from HTC Special Services, and they may have finally fixed this for me. I added my wife's account to Google Drive, and used that to add 100 GB to her drive, then deleted it on my phone. So far, no more feeds for Google Drive, and my wife now has 2 years of 100 GB on her account! Good deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa