HTC M8 T-Mobile US 4.20.531.4 firmware LAG MUCH

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I know how you feel...have you tried the 'wipe cache' method? And if that fails you can try to factory reset which is always recommended after major update. Although my phone still isn't as slick as it was with kit Kat...

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Factory resets should be done before and/or after any major OS update. This is even more true for the Lollipop update since it is completely overhauling the app runtime (moving from Dalvik to ART). I bet this would take care of a lot of the issues people are having.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Factory resets should be done before and/or after any major OS update. This is even more true for the Lollipop update since it is completely overhauling the app runtime (moving from Dalvik to ART). I bet this would take care of a lot of the issues people are having.

Agreed, but the backup options for non rooted devices are limited so I understand why people wouldn't want to do this

Posted via the Android Central App

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, but the backup options for non rooted devices are limited so I understand why people wouldn't want to do this

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, it's a sucky solution. But it's the best solution. Thankfully we don't get major OS updates (that require a dessert name change) super often. Rumor has it that 5.1 will also be Lollipop, which means people can probably get away with updating without resetting.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty