How do I receive notifications on my Fitbit Charge HR?

Tbas919

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
HTC one m8 and Fitbit Charge HR

So i receive my Fitbit Charge HR 3 days ago. One of the main features i bought it was because after you set up and connect your fitbit charge HR you can receive call notifications on your device. However, the sad part is that i cannot get this feature to work.

I use an HTC one m8, android version 5.0.1. The fitbit app syncs the device data on my phone through a bluetooth connection. This seems to work absolutely great. All information gets updated instantly as soon as i log into the app. The app also allows you to enable the get call notifications feature and will walk you through the pairing process. Unfortunately, my phone is unable to pair with my Fitbit device. The error message i receive when i try to enable the feature is 'Couldn't pair with Charge HR because of an incorrect PIN or passkey', or, 'unable to pair device.'

I have tried everything from rebooting my phone, deleting cache, factory resetting, deleting the the fitbit app and installing again, resetting my fitbit device. I've done it all!!

The question is, is the problem related to android and my htc one m8? has anyone faced a similar issue? I have looked through the list of supported devices and it says that the htc one m8 is a supported device.

Help please :(

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC one m8 and Fitbit Charge HR

Hi, the settings are on the the phone app itself. Go to devices, Charge HR and make sure call notifications are checked. There are some other cool settings there too.2015-02-27 14.57.42.jpg

Hope this helps

Last edited:

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

The incorrect pin or passkey error sounds like the fitbit isn't syncing with your phone at all because you haven't paired it yet. Real the fitbit manual and find the instructions on how to put the device into pairing mode. Then search for the device with your phone. Complete the pairing process and try again.

If you have already done all of this and you are 100% sure your phone is paired to it, reboot both the fitbit and your phone.

I know you said you already did all this but it doesn't hurt to try again :)

CBcat

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site

Hi I could have written this post but I have charge not the hr. I took my first one back to the shop as faulty today but the second one is the same. Have you resolved?

Dmitrijs

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Having the issue exactly as described (htc one m8 5.0.1, fitbit charge hr). Tried everything, nothing helps. Works flawlessly except this 'Failed to enable notifications' problem. It is simply refuses to pair the device. I can see 'Charge HR' in the list of bluetooth devices, but can't pair.
Complete reset as described here:
help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-can-t-I-set-up-my-new-tracker-using-the-Fitbit-app-for-Android
Does not help as well.

My wife's Charge HR works fine with LG G2.

lion88

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, the silent alarm and sync works perfectly but I cannot enable the notifications as it will not pair to my phone due to a code. also "Real the fitbit manual and find the instructions on how to put the device into pairing mode" <-- I have read through the manual there is no where that says how to pair the device only that it can be reset once plugged in and nothing else.

Jamma3

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Good luck folks this one seems to be an issue with HTC One M8 5.0.1
I've contacted Fitbit and they cannot resolve it. I'm just waiting for 5.0.2 to come out.
All other android phones in my house connects with call notification. Android 4.4.3 S4 and 5.0.1 HTC One M7

faruk KIR

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and tried everything. Doesn't help.
I started to use my fitbit charge last December and everything was fine including call notifications on my fitbit but since I got last android update, it stopped And unchecked notification box.

aksmols

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issues with my Samsung GS6 running 5.0.2 on AT&T network, and a FitBit Charge HR.

- Device is paired through FitBit app
- Call Notifications are turned on
- Charge HR shows up on my list of "paired devices" in Bluetooth menu

Problems:
- Unable to receive call notifications (EDIT2: Resolved)
- Unable to use the Charge HR as a Smart Lock (Edit: RESOLVED)

EDIT#2 - Both problems resolved. Took a few minutes for the pairing to complete. Plus I restarted the device. Call notifications and SmartLock are working as expected.

Last edited:

ixlr8a67

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issues with my Nexus 5 running latest Lollipop on Tmobile network, and a FitBit Charge HR.
- Device is paired through FitBit app
- Call Notifications are turned on
- Charge HR shows up on my list of "paired devices" in Bluetooth menu

Restarted the device. Call notifications and SmartLock still not working.

Problems:
- Unable to receive call notifications HOW?
- Unable to use the Charge HR as a Smart Lock HOW?

Kieran Pilson

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to pair my fitbit Charge HR through the regular process within the Bluetooth setting on the phone. The Charge would appear as a device but when I tried to pair it I would receive "Paired rejected by Charge HR".
I then went into the Fitbit app on my phone, went to "Devices", touched "Charge HR" icon, not the sync on the right side of the screen but the actual Icon of the device on the left side. Then touched "Call Notifications, not the "On/Off" toggle on the right of the screen, but the actual words "Call Notification" on the left. Received a message that the device had to be paired. Selected "OK" on the message and it paired my Charge HR with the phone and I started receiving call notifications on my Charge HR.

Hope it works for you.

KP

DanP58

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. But when I followed this procedure I got a notification that it was unable to enable call notifications. I have an HTC One.

Annie Miller

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks KP,
I spent 2+ frustrating hours trying to find the solution to having my call notifications go to my Charge HR.
I 'm so grateful to find your posting.
It worked.
Annie

margie_68

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
KP, thank you SO MUCH!
I had the same problem with my Charge HR, and a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Lollipop. I have been struggling for 2 days, but was unable to turn call notifications on. Your advice saved me! Now it works perfectly :)
Fitbit should write your post in their FAQ...
Margie