Why is my HTC M8 acting wierd ever since I got a new SD card?

A

AC Question

My HTC M8 is wierd ever since i got a new SD card

So i previously had a 16gb SD card on top of the 16gb internal memory and everything was perfect. I recently just bought a 64GB SD card and ever since then my phone is just weird when it comes to media. I cant save videos anymore. I took a video and all that comes up is a sort of blank corrupted looking screen with only sound playing for a few seconds and then a pop up message saying sorry this video cannot be played. I took a couple camera shots aswell and those cant be opened. Restarted the phone and the videos just disappeared! Music seems to save fine but videos simply cannot play and these are from the camera not downloaded videos.

I am completely at a loss as this is a brand new sd card in a 1month old phone. I formatted the card and still the issues are still there. Its a class 10 memory card whereas the old one was a class 4. But those classes are simply writing speeds they cant possibly have anything to do with this issue can they?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My HTC M8 is wierd ever since i got a new SD card

Welcome to Android Central! What brand is the card? Where did you buy it from? If it's a little-known brand or a no-name card, then the quality might be pretty low, or it may just be plain defective. If it's a good brand (like Sandisk), but if you bought it from a random seller on eBay, then the chance of it being counterfeit are higher. Run SD Insight to see if the card is what it says it is.