All pictures moved to one folder? HTC ONE M8

sizreem

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, so I own an HTC one M8 and I was running out of storage space and decided to move most of my pictures to my SD card. I went through the process called "Make More Space" which is under Storage in Settings. Usually I would have just manually done everything via File Manager but thought this would be a faster alternative. When I chose which files to move and everything, I waited for it to finish. When it did, I checked my SD card file and noticed all the pictures (over 5000 of them to be exact) have all been put into ONE folder when originally they were around 7 folders.

I tried to see how I could fix it but it was no use, nothing was working, nothing was getting organized, no forum helped me and even HTC Live Chat wasn't aiding me to fix things.
I came here to see if anybody has had this issue before and could afford to shed some light unto the situation and help me with clearing everything back into their specific folders. I can't do it manually because, well, I don't have that much time on my hands and I don't even remember where half of them fit in their original folders.

Thanks guys.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For most Android gallery apps, you need to create a separate directory of photos in order to make them a separate album. So the only way to get them into albums again is to create new directories on the SD card and use a file manager app (or Windows Explorer) to move the photos into their proper directories. Unfortunately, it's not going to remember which directories each photos was originally associated with.

The way the "Make More Space" function behaves doesn't surprise me. I generally avoid features like this, because they're often very general, without any real discrimination. It's like the Windows Explorer "Import Photos and Videos" command, which imports every single image from the phone (including thumbnails and cached images).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer