Terrible photos?

Vicki Panda

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm having real problems with my HTC M8 as the photo quality is shocking , it's as though the camera can't focus properly. No idea what to do. My colleague in work has one and his takes great photos but mine are really blurry and my old iPhone 4 was miles better.
Please don't tell me the camera is actually awful..... :(

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having real problems with my HTC M8 as the photo quality is shocking , it's as though the camera can't focus properly. No idea what to do. My colleague in work has one and his takes great photos but mine are really blurry and my old iPhone 4 was miles better.
Please don't tell me the camera is actually awful..... :(

The One M8 didn't have the greatest camera on earth, but it was certainly decent.

Have you tried deleting the cache for the camera app, or tried another camera app?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
To echo what D13 said, try deleting the cache for the camera app. I've had the M8 for a while and loved the camera, except for the purple tint issue I came across a few times.

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Check your camera lens to see if it's clean. You might have the coating on the lens that goes bad and gets scratched. This will need to be cleaned off. There is a thread somewhere on this forum about it. Or you can search: htc one m8 camera lens fix on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik