HTC m8 GPe is LOCKED???

A

AC Question

Just bought a second hand HTC m8 supposedly GPe, my CID is GOOGL001, yet it asks for a SIM unlock code. What would make a GPe phone locked? Or is my phone a sale GPe, and even then, why would it be locked?

I bought an unlock code, and it doesn't unlock, just says "requesting network unlock", for 12 hours with no change.

Also, I already posted this yesterday and am unable to find it in a search.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its probably a carrier unit that was converted to GPe. If memeory serves me correct you have to have Sense on the device to enter the unlock code. So the person should have unlocked it while it was stock, then done the GPe conversion to make it a fully GPE compatible unit. Most people make that mistake and they have to go back to stock to unlock it.

Captain_kirk_9

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I was afraid someone was gonna tell me that.

I've heard of unlocking phones by changing the CID. Since this phone has a CID of GOOGL001, shouldn't that mean that it is unlocked?

How would a guy with no computer skills go about reflashing his phone back to stock?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you dont have any computer skills then you may have to find someone local to you and pay them to do it. Or sell the phone and look for one that fits your needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87