Mobile doesn't connect to network anymore

vixiss

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi

my wife has an HTC One M8. We bought it last year (from ebay) sealed and packaged.

Last week all of a sudden this mobile doesn't connect to mobile network anymore. First guess was that it was a problem with the sim card. We tried the sim on another phone and it worked but we still went to the local mobile shop and got it replaced just in case. No joy. Going through settings etc I realised that IMEI is showing Unknown, which I find a bit weird. This morning I decided to give it a hard reset and I noticed that the second line on the reboot screen shows **LOCKED**. So I'm wondering what that implies.

The only thing that I could point to before this happened is that this might have been caused from an app update. My wife thinks that the last app that got updated was the fitbit app.

Any clues? So far i'm trying to avoid rooting the mobile. Could someone explain what the problem is and possibly advise a solution pls?

Many Thanks

vixiss

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Chris

thanks for your reply. That's worrying. Would you know of a similar service that is supported in Europe or in my case Malta pls? This phone was bought from ebay Germany.

May I also add that the mobile is behaving funny also when we charge it (even with its charger) eg this morning we gave it a full charge. then I found it switched off and pressing the power btn won't boot. Then leaving for some time it will eventually come on. yet still without the service

Regards
Joe

vixiss

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I did try a few times to no avail. We also took it to the carrier but since we didn't buy the mobile from them they couldn't help.

Question: Should I consider rooting it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888