Health Apps

nore03

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I did a search and couldn't find anything about this but I am curious if anyone is using any kind of health app. I had a note 3 which had a step counter and was probably the only thing I liked about the phone. I have an Iphone 6 also but it doesn't seem to do a great job counting steps so I wanted to see if you all have any apps that you would recommend.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I did a search and couldn't find anything about this but I am curious if anyone is using any kind of health app. I had a note 3 which had a step counter and was probably the only thing I liked about the phone. I have an Iphone 6 also but it doesn't seem to do a great job counting steps so I wanted to see if you all have any apps that you would recommend.

I think my iPhone 6 does a great job with the built in health app. I know my M9 came with a fitbit app, but I haven't opened it yet. I'm not sure if you need a fitbit or not for use. Have you looked into Google Fit?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
If you run or cycle, STRAVA is absolutely awesome and free. There is an option to upgrade to premium for a fee but I average 5000 miles a year and the free app has more than enough functionality for me. No stupid ads or hard sell for the premium either, btw.

If you go into the settings, you can sync data with Google Fit where your steps and other health apps can also be if they are compatible.

Posted via the Android Central App

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
The m8 came with a fitbit app already loaded on AT&T. The m9 should run the fitbit app too.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
If you run or cycle, STRAVA is absolutely awesome and free. There is an option to upgrade to premium for a fee but I average 5000 miles a year and the free app has more than enough functionality for me. No stupid ads or hard sell for the premium either, btw.

If you go into the settings, you can sync data with Google Fit where your steps and other health apps can also be if they are compatible.

If you are using Strava already then you should consider using Ghostracer as well if you have a smartwatch. I have the Sony Smartwatch 3 and the combination of it with built in GPS, Strava and Ghostracer are great for just leaving your phone at home and training.

123saz

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
there's this new app Dehydration Test that checks your dehydration with a finger scan, thought it was kinda cool. Its out for android but im not sure about iphone