What is wrong with Samsung Health Sleep on the 6

larrykay

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a 4 classic to the 6 classic and it does charge faster, and the battery does seem to last longer, the screen is better, but the Samsung Health Sleep does not recognize when I get out of bed that "sleep" is over like it did on the 4. In order to get Health Sleep to sync the sleep data I have to go into sleep on the watch, then it uploads to the watch. Everything else syncs correctly, just not sleep.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Interesting... My husband is also having trouble with 'Sleep' on his Watch 6 Classic. No matter when he actually goes to bed, it doesn't record sleep until about 4am. It stops when he gets up, but starting is an issue. My Watch 6 classic sleep function is recording fairly accurately. I'm thinking of resetting his watch.
:confused:

abbeybrown312

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
My W6 classic is not recording my sleep accurately either. I have times when I get up to use the restroom at night and it doesn't recognize I'm awake. My W4 recorded every time I moved practically. It says I'm getting a lot more sleep then I am because I am a crap sleeper and know I'm awake a lot

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
fwiw, my W6 is recording my sleep perfectly well, so far
Same; my sleep is being recorded remarkably accurately.

Which makes me wonder about QC issues on Samsung's manufacturing line. When I got my Watch4 a couple years ago, I had temporary burn-in problems on the display and had to exchange the watch. My Watch5 had an extremely jittery GPS and grossly mistracked my jogging paths. Samsung Pay also had serious issues and I'd often have to try two or three times to make a payment. Since these were lower-level issues I didn't bother to exchange. Thankfully no issues on my Watch6 Classic.

The Watch4 was the first watch I bought directly from Samsung, so I wonder if they do some additional QC on watches that go to physical stores that they don't do on the ones that get directly shipped out. It's too bad that some of you guys are experiencing problems with sleep tracking, since this was supposed to be the big thing that the Watch6 was good at. If a factory reset doesn't solve the problem, I'd do an exchange while you're still in the return window.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My sleep accuracy on this Watch 6 Classic is terrible. Night before last it showed me awake for 3 hours between 2am and 5am. I wasn't! I've had three previous Samsung watches and all did a better job.

My last watch was an Apple Watch 8 Ultra and it was a beast of a watch. But I'm just not an Apple person so after using an iPhone 14 pro max and watch 8 Ultra for seven months I came back to Sammy.

The Watch 8 Ultra is $800 (US) and this Watch 6 Classic was $430 (less trade-in) so I didn't expect the Sammy watch to be solid Titanium like the Ultra but I was hoping for the basics to have more accurate readings than I'm seeing so far.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What date was that? The 27th or 28th? Mine showed I was asleep from 9:37pm to 2:04am. Putting me awake from 2:04am until my alarm around 4:50am
It was the 27th.

I'm also seeing really terrible step tracking. I'm noticing that steps aren't being added accurately at times. In fact, at times they aren't being added at all. Got up last night, went to the bathroom and back to bed. Woke at 7am (usual time) and used bathroom again but went back to bed as I had nothing on tap this morning. Checked my watch and it showed 0 steps, checked steps in the phone health app and it showed 0 steps. I was wearing my watch the entire time. So, this watch is also missing steps.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Went to Samsung Members app and filed a report about the sleep and steps issues and attached logfiles with the report

I'm so disappointed in this watch that I'm thinking of going to a Ticwatch 5 Pro. I'm past the return period on the watch 6 Classic but I really don't care, maybe Samsung will fix this BUT, maybe they won't. They've made promises in the past about features to be added and it never happened so my confidence in them is about as low as it can get.

Read one review this afternoon on the Ticwatch 5 Pro (Tec-Radar I believe) and he said that he wore his Apple Watch 8 Ultra on one wrist and the Ticwatch on the other and the Ticwatch and Apple Ultra were in lock step with each other in measuring steps, exercising, jogging/routing and biometric measurements generally. Having used an Apple Ultra for seven months until I got the 6 Classic I know what a beast the watch is (it's downfall is that it is Apple). If the Ticwatch is able to match that it sounds like a good bet to me.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from a 4 classic to the 6 classic and it does charge faster, and the battery does seem to last longer, the screen is better, but the Samsung Health Sleep does not recognize when I get out of bed that "sleep" is over like it did on the 4. In order to get Health Sleep to sync the sleep data I have to go into sleep on the watch, then it uploads to the watch. Everything else syncs correctly, just not sleep.
I get this on my watch 5. I have to go to the sleep app right after I wake or it will think, 30 to 40 minutes later when I remember to look, the incorrect time. It may be a wear 4 thing?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Came here to read about the 6 since me and husband ordered today and are trading in our 5's. Hope this stuff gets fixed. He's getting a classic me just the 6 40mm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter