Why does my HTC One M9 swipe turns screen on when screen is off?

A

AC Question

HTC One M9 swipe turns screen on when screen is off

I have and Verizon HTC One M9 and I only have the swipe up to unlock setting enabled on my phone (no pattern or password). When I press the power button and turn the screen off, I can still swipe up from the bottom of the screen as if the screen is on and the phone unlocks and the screen activates.

This is extremely annoying.

Is anyone else having this issue with the m9? If so, is there a fix? If not how do I report a bug so it can be fixed?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 swipe turns screen on when screen is off

It is a feature, not a bug or issue. You can change this in your settings under Display & Gestures>Motion Launch gestures. There are a several options there.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One M9 swipe turns screen on when screen is off

I have and Verizon HTC One M9 and I only have the swipe up to unlock setting enabled on my phone (no pattern or password). When I press the power button and turn the screen off, I can still swipe up from the bottom of the screen as if the screen is on and the phone unlocks and the screen activates.

This is extremely annoying.

Is anyone else having this issue with the m9? If so, is there a fix? If not how do I report a bug so it can be fixed?
That's what swipe to unlock is. Uncheck it in the gestures settings. If you just want to swipe from the lockscreen after waking the phone, you only need to have the lockscreen active in the security settings with no pin or password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez