HTC or Android? Where are my videos?

htcuzer

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
htc or android ? where are my videos

On an htc one M9 phone that is running perfectly, I installed a new SD Card, formatted it, then went into my phones gallery, created a new folder that uses SD Card for storage, then "moved" all my videos to it, I tried to play some videos to check that every thing went well and all was fine, now here's the messed up part, I want back to the folder that contained the videos (which uses my phone's internal memory), to my surprise all the videos were still in it, I checked again the new folder that uses my SD Card memory and everything was on it as well, so I went to the old default folder and deleted all the videos in it, everything disappeared, my videos are no where to be found, is there any hope of recovering my videos?

un-rooted device running android 5.1 and HTC Sense 7.0

help!

Last edited:

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: htc or android ? where are my videos

I don't know for sure because I don't know exactly how you create and move your files. But one possible reason would be you didn't actually copy the files over. I may just created links (like pointer) to the video files. So, who you delete the files, the links are gone as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

htcuzer

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: htc or android ? where are my videos

That's about as unhelpful as it gets :p

Thank you however for your compassion and for taking the time to post a reply.

There exists two options when it comes to relocating images on the htc M9, copy to and move to, I assumed that the move to option moves the file, unfortunately it seems I was wrong!!