AT&T leaked RUU

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B16SVZNmrmvieHU2aVVPTWhNWTQ/edit?usp=sharing

This is the exact file that restored my phone. I'm throwing it in here for you guys in case you want/need it.

Instructions:
Connect phone to your computer via USB, navigate to your ADB folder in command prompt. Have your phone turned on. Type in:

adb reboot bootloader

After your phone boots into the bootloader, select fastboot and push power button to enter fastboot mode (I didn't have to do this, you might have do)

adb oem lock

Wait for it to lock. It may say it failed, but when it restarts it will say relocked at the top of the hboot or fastboot screens. As long as it says relocked, you're good to go. Then find your RUU exe file you downloaded, I put mine in my ADB directory. Double click it and go on through the wizard. When you're done you're back to stock.

Usually, if the RUU is the wrong one for your phone, it'll spit out an error message and your device will remain unchanged. It won't harm it, usually. Since I didn't have an error, I cannot confirm this is the case. With everything we do of this nature:
Proceed with caution.

-Scott

Last edited:

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
It could have cingular but still work properly on AT&T devices if the Model ID and CID are the same.

@Scott I believe you do have to relock your bootloader in order to flash the RUU, or at least that's what I was instructed to do before even though I have S-OFF.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It could have cingular but still work properly on AT&T devices if the Model ID and CID are the same.

@Scott I believe you do have to relock your bootloader in order to flash the RUU, or at least that's what I was instructed to do before even though I have S-OFF.

You do and that's why he adds this part in his instructions:

After your phone boots into the bootloader, select fastboot and push power button to enter fastboot mode (I didn't have to do this, you might have do)

adb oem lock

That's the adb command to lock it ;)

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yep, thanks. :)

I use adb commands most of the time as well since my device is S-OFF. By the way, would you happen to know if it would be possible to unlock the bootloader just by issuing an adb command, perhaps like "adb oem unlock" if you're S-OFF rather than having to go through the whole HTCDev process by getting an unlock token and such? I have always wondered about that but never tried.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep, thanks. :)

I use adb commands most of the time as well since my device is S-OFF. By the way, would you happen to know if it would be possible to unlock the bootloader just by issuing an adb command, perhaps like "adb oem unlock" if you're S-OFF rather than having to go through the whole HTCDev process by getting an unlock token and such? I have always wondered about that but never tried.

That's a good question but I'm sure. I think since the token is specific to your device, adb would need it in order to unlock it. But I don't know enough about S-Off to know if that part can be bypassed when it comes to unlocking. That's a good question. Now I want to know LOL.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have been thinking about it for a while now. Some things that require a long process are shortened and can be executed with just one command when you're S-OFF, like changing CID or going Super CID, for instance. I am hoping it's the same because the whole unlock_token process gets tiring after a while, especially since I keep going back and forth between stock (in order to check for OTA updates, lol) and custom ROMs.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
That's a good question but I'm sure. I think since the token is specific to your device, adb would need it in order to unlock it. But I don't know enough about S-Off to know if that part can be bypassed when it comes to unlocking. That's a good question. Now I want to know LOL.

if you S-off with revone for example you use revone to lock and unlock the bootloader. No token required. from an adb shell just run revone -l to lock or -u to unlock.

xGreekThunderx

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, somebody please help me, i think i rooted my phone, it says "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" i was installing Google Edition rom, will this fix my problem?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
What ROM are you running? Did that error come up after installing Google Edition ROM or are you asking if installing GE ROM would fix it?

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
IF you should use the Hasoon All in One Toolkit, relcocking, unlocking (if you keep the unlockbin code for your phone safe and secure) , flashing recovery , Perm root, etc is easy and usually one click

joshearl

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I believe the correct command for the last step is 'fastboot oem lock'

just like you said, it may say failed but if you attemp to lock it again it will "already locked"

Beau cooper

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Is this only work on at&t ??? I have a UK network provider but was wondering if this will Fix my HTC media link problem , any help guys ?

Posted via Android Central App

Grahams_Boy

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Is this only work on at&t ??? I have a UK network provider but was wondering if this will Fix my HTC media link problem , any help guys ?

Posted via Android Central App

I think you might be able to use it mate but you need s-off. Emphasis on might.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk