How to flash roms without phone storage/sd card partion

iBK_AO

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
To do this you will need:
Android SDK
Android Debugging Bridge (ADB, comes with the SDK pack)
phone driver for windows installed and up to date
TWRP Recovery installed on the phone.

INSTRUCTIONS
1.) Download the ROM that you want to flash and place it on a convenient location on your computer. i'll be using C:\ for that location and ROM.zip for the ROM’s filename in this guide.
2.) Reboot your phone into recovery, do a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
3.) Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
4.) Launch a Command Prompt or Terminal window on your computer and enter these commands:
adb shell
mount data
5.) Wait for a few seconds to see if you get the prompt back and then press Ctrl+C. Do it even if you don’t get the prompt back after a few seconds.
6.) Now enter the following command, replacing C:\ROM.zip with the path and filename of the ROM that you are using:
adb push C:\ROM.zip /data/
7.) Wait patiently while the ROM is pushed to your phone and once it’s done, enter these commands:
adb shell
recovery --update_package=DATA:ROM.zip
8.) The rom.zip file has now been pushed to the data partion of the phone and you can now install the rom using your custom recovery from that partion, reboot the phone afterwards and voila!

this is what i did when i flashed something that messed up my rom and i had deleted the rom zip installation file from my sd storage on my phone and it worked! if this doesn't work you have obviously done something wrong.

Reply this thread for any help or questions

Last edited:

mohammad shafik

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I already flush My Idea smartphone 918 and now i install recovery and alcatel android os 2.00 something but, now problem is my phone IMEI no and sim network is not coming please do the needfull

Thanks

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice guide, You can also use adb sideload which is included with the recovery of now-a-days as the new devices do not have a external sdcard

Tariq Rashid

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
If your IMEI Is gone then you can't get it back also its illegal to do so unless you give it to the phone manufacturer to fix
Bases :mad:YOU LOST YOUR IMEI CAUSE YOU DIDN'T THINK BEFORE YOU FLASHED!!!!!:'(

ittiandro

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
To do this you will need:
Android SDK
Android Debugging Bridge (ADB, comes with the SDK pack)
phone driver for windows installed and up to date
TWRP Recovery installed on the phone.

INSTRUCTIONS
1.) Download the ROM that you want to flash and place it on a convenient location on your computer. i'll be using C:\ for that location and ROM.zip for the ROM’s filename in this guide.
2.) Reboot your phone into recovery, do a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
3.) Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
4.) Launch a Command Prompt or Terminal window on your computer and enter these commands:
adb shell
mount data
5.) Wait for a few seconds to see if you get the prompt back and then press Ctrl+C. Do it even if you don’t get the prompt back after a few seconds.
6.) Now enter the following command, replacing C:\ROM.zip with the path and filename of the ROM that you are using:
adb push C:\ROM.zip /data/
7.) Wait patiently while the ROM is pushed to your phone and once it’s done, enter these commands:
adb shell
recovery --update_package=DATA:ROM.zip
8.) The rom.zip file has now been pushed to the data partion of the phone and you can now install the rom using your custom recovery from that partion, reboot the phone afterwards and voila!

this is what i did when i flashed something that messed up my rom and i had deleted the rom zip installation file from my sd storage on my phone and it worked! if this doesn't work you have obviously done something wrong.

Reply this thread for any help or questions

My situation is different from the one of the thread, but close enough : I have accidentally deleted the ROM and internal memory of my tablet, ( Samsung SM-T330 NU), while trying to flash TWRP with Flashifly from the PC. Now the tablet is practically bricked: it is stuck on the Download mode ( with the yellow Android logo in the middle), I cannot turn it off or bring it back to recovery mode with the usual buttons and my PC doesn't see it. Actually, by pressing those buttons, the boot logo flashes in a few seconds, but then it goes back to the Download mode with the Android logo.

Before I throw it away as hopelessly bricked, I thought I could maybe fix it by downloading the firmware on the PC , transfer it in the tablet SD External Card and flash the ROM from the card.

Will it work? How? The stock Rom I found is on a MDS file.
Can I copy it to the SD Card as it is, or do I have to extract or do something else to be able to flash the ROM from the SD card?

Tanks

Ittiandro

ittiandro

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have accidentally deleted the ROM and internal memory of my tablet, ( Samsung SM-T330 NU), while trying to flash TWRP with Flashifly from the PC. Now the tablet is practically bricked: it is stuck on the Download mode ( with the yellow Android logo in the middle), I cannot turn it off or bring it back to recovery mode with the usual buttons and my PC doesn't see it. Actually, by pressing those buttons, the boot logo flashes in a few seconds, but then it goes back to the Download mode with the Android logo.

Before I throw it away as hopelessly bricked, I thought I could maybe fix it by downloading the firmware on the PC , transfer it in the tablet SD External Card and flash the ROM from the card.

Will it work? How? The stock Rom I found is on a MDS file.
Can I copy it to the SD Card as it is, or do I have to extract or do something else to be able to flash the ROM from the SD card?

Tanks

Ittiandro

ittiandro

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I was able to solve the problem with Odin. Never thought Odin would connect to the PC , since the tablet wouldn't without it! One of those wrong assumptions!

Thanks

Ittiandro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa