Help, I messed up my phone!!

raincoathaveli

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have been a long time lurking, and find this forum very helpful. I have a big problem. I have a sprint HTC one max. I had rooted it a few months ago because I wanted to use wifi teether. I could never get it to work. So yesterday I thought I would try to unroot it(because the fingerprint scanner wont work). I messed up an now my phone with only go to the bootloader screen, and the TWRP area. I have tried everything and can not get my phone to work. I have tried downloading and using multiple ruu's, but known of them have worked. I am am not a pro, I just have been following directions, but now I dont know what to do. Any help would be great,thanks!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have been a long time lurking, and find this forum very helpful. I have a big problem. I have a sprint HTC one max. I had rooted it a few months ago because I wanted to use wifi teether. I could never get it to work. So yesterday I thought I would try to unroot it(because the fingerprint scanner wont work). I messed up an now my phone with only go to the bootloader screen, and the TWRP area. I have tried everything and can not get my phone to work. I have tried downloading and using multiple ruu's, but known of them have worked. I am am not a pro, I just have been following directions, but now I dont know what to do. Any help would be great,thanks!
Are you s-on or s-off? If you are s-on you need to relock the bootloader and need the same firmware version you are on now or newer. You need to be s-off to use a older RUU. Put the RUU on the ext sdcard Rename it to 0P3PIMG.zip and reboot into the bootloader and it will scan and find it and ask if you want to update and yes you do

raincoathaveli

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you s-on or s-off? If you are s-on you need to relock the bootloader and need the same firmware version you are on now or newer. You need to be s-off to use a older RUU. Put the RUU on the ext sdcard Rename it to 0P3PIMG.zip and reboot into the bootloader and it will scan and find it and ask if you want to update and yes you do

Firstly, thanks for your reply. I am S on. I saved the ruu and renamed it and it did read it in the bootloader, and restarted, but it just restarted back to the bootloader screen (I relocked the bootloader). Not it wont go into recovery.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, thanks for your reply. I am S on. I saved the ruu and renamed it and it did read it in the bootloader, and restarted, but it just restarted back to the bootloader screen (I relocked the bootloader). Not it wont go into recovery.

Are you relocked now? a reboot to the bootloader required after relocking
Reflash the recovery