Status
Not open for further replies.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I am gonna buy a new phone. I am torn between the HTC One s and the Sony Xperia s.
I want my phone to have lots of memory or a micro sd slot.
It should have a respectable battery life.
I plan to use it for atleast 3 years so the build quality needs to be exceptional, cause I drop a lot.
I also do heavy duty gaming and HD video viewing so the phone should handle that too.
I really don't care if I don't get ICS outta the box, only that I should be getting it sometime this year.
A Really loud speaker.
Also here in India it's not feasible to buy a unlimited data plan so cloud services will be pretty much useless...
I use a X10i currently for the past year.
Please help me to decide as they're priced almost the same.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man.
But that site doesn't take into account the internal memory on the devices... 32 vs 16
Also is it true that the battery if the Xperia S is removable?

jetleigh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for build quality, HTC has it down. The One S finish is extra durable, you should check out the micro arc oxidation variant which is a crazy durable finish. Battery life on mine has been excellent. If you google for One S battery life it has been getting some of the best battery ratings.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how much memory you want; the One S only has 10 gigs available for storage outside of apps. I know for certain the One S can play 720p HD, and I'm pretty sure it can play 1080p as well.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how much memory you want; the One S only has 10 gigs available for storage outside of apps. I know for certain the One S can play 720p HD, and I'm pretty sure it can play 1080p as well.

Youtube videos have shown it can also play 1080p content too. If you want a super sharp display, go with the xperia S but if you want a good form and HTC sense UI. go with the One S.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone is everything. I'm pretty much gonna put all my songs, videos, games and apps in it. Then the One S' 10 gigs seems less...:confused:

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone is everything. I'm pretty much gonna put all my songs, videos, games and apps in it. Then the One S' 10 gigs seems less...:confused:

10GB undoubtedly is little, but all it would take is some effort of micromanaging. I don't have too much music, only several hundred so that wouldn't take up space. I would most likely have a couple of movies on the phone and non important photos or videos, I would use wifi and upload them to dropbox. Games and Apps would take up the most space but I see the size limit as a benefit, games would be limited so I won't be able to download what ever I want.

Reactions: kkapoorr

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
On balance right now, the One S is the better phone. We'll hopefully take another look at the Xperia S on the site when it gets ICS though. If an HD screen is important to you, well then you're never going to get that on the One S. Same with >10gb USB storage.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm..Ohk. One last question. Is the HTC Sense UI really worth it? I mean people make do without it, right?

For me HTC Sense is the primary reason to get his phone. Sense 4 is an amazing UI, customization and functionality of it makes it so appealing.

I was going to go with Samsung Galaxy S2 but TouchWiz isn't a good android overlay so when I saw news about a new phone and HTC sense, the pieces started falling in to place.

If you enjoy Sense UI ( I don't see how it is bloated or intrusive as other people call it) One S is the way to go. Not to mention its slim form makes it easier to hold and for handed usage even when both xperia s and one s comes in at 4.3 inches.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I just checked. Here in India the Xperia S comes with 50 GB of free cloud storage, car charger and a leather case as an early bird offer. As a deal, isn't it better than what HTC offers. Btw as the one s hasn't yet been announced with it's release date here, I can't even confirm the 30 GB dropbox storage offer....

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It is since HTC offers 25GB of dropbox storage and that is plenty enough for me. Mainly it boils down to HTC Sense, it's a really good android overlay. HTC One S in the U.S also hasn't been released yet. If xperia S is available go for it since ICS presumably is going to it very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.