Speaker cleaning app broke speaker and vibrate

therayer

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I stupidly downloaded a Speaker Cleaner app for my phone from the Play Store. I was intrigued as to whether it actually did anything, or was just a joke.

The app vibrated my phone really violently and sent a high pitched sound out of the speaker.

Now, sometimes, when my speaker volume is relatively low, the audio will begin cutting in and out. Turning up the volume fixes the problem and I can then turn the sound down as normal.

Also, I may perhaps be imagining this, but it feels like sometimes the vibration 'clicks' every once in a while. I'm not sure of a better word to describe it. Not a click from the speaker, but inside the device. Perhaps the vibration mechanism itself? But I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this. It only happens when pressing the back/home/etc button as I have it disabled for typing.

So, a few questions:
Has anyone had this problem before? If so, do you know how to fix it?

Also, if I explain this situation to HTC, will I be covered by warranty or is it my own fault for using this app?

Thanks .

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
HTC will not cover that because an app caused. Better to think of something else to tell them. I've used an app like that before, but no damage was done. I think they're gimmicky. It's better to buy a can of compressed air amd use that.

Hey guys. I stupidly downloaded a Speaker Cleaner app for my phone from the Play Store. I was intrigued as to whether it actually did anything, or was just a joke.

The app vibrated my phone really violently and sent a high pitched sound out of the speaker.

Now, sometimes, when my speaker volume is relatively low, the audio will begin cutting in and out. Turning up the volume fixes the problem and I can then turn the sound down as normal.

Also, I may perhaps be imagining this, but it feels like sometimes the vibration 'clicks' every once in a while. I'm not sure of a better word to describe it. Not a click from the speaker, but inside the device. Perhaps the vibration mechanism itself? But I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this. It only happens when pressing the back/home/etc button as I have it disabled for typing.

So, a few questions:
Has anyone had this problem before? If so, do you know how to fix it?

Also, if I explain this situation to HTC, will I be covered by warranty or is it my own fault for using this app?

Thanks .