I guess its my time to be helped...

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC one sv and everything was fine but I thought I'd change my launcher so I went into settings/apps and uninstalled nova launcher and 'then' I realised I'd frozen/disabled my sense launcher so there was no home screen or launcher to go back to it was just showing a black screen after much frustration I decided to go into recovery and flash my nandroid backup but now my phone won't load up properly , it gets to the home screen then freezes and the only way to turn it off is by pulling the battery out as anyone got any suggestions and just a quick question - can I add files onto my phone via a PC while the phone is turned off or does it have to be turned on to transfer files??

Sent from my Nexus 7

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It has to be turned on to do anything - other than turning it on.

You could probably push a launcher apk file to the SD card, then chmod it to be executable and run it. That would install a launcher. From there you could get back to the normal home screen and do what you want.

Of you could reflash the ROM, then pull all your apps and data from the nandroid backup with an app like Nandroid Manager (Root).

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

You could probably push a launcher apk file to the SD card, then chmod it to be executable and run it. That would install a launcher. From there you could get back to the normal home screen and do what you want.

Of you could reflash the ROM, then pull all your apps and data from the nandroid backup with an app like Nandroid Manager (Root).
Okay I'll try that , thank you very much !!

Sent from my Nexus 7

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

My phone is fixed now I forgot that I stored an older nandroid on my PC so I flashed that and that app you told me about is very useful I didn't even know it existed thanks again....

Sent from my Nexus 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez