Trouble connecting to FIOS wireless network with HTC One V

alanLATG

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Just got the phone and really like it so far; seems like a nice little phone for the price. (So far! ;) )

One problem though that's driving me a little nuts. It seems to connect smoothly to any wireless network, except my FIOS network at home. When I try to connect it will say Obtaining IP Address and then time out. When I go into Advanced Settings, IP Address reads 'Unavailable.'
But then sometimes, at some point quite suddenly, it will connect, and the IP address reads 169.254.223.18. There's no apparent accounting for the sudden success, and once I leave the house, the problem repeats itself until it eventually usually (but not always) connects. Once I got a connection when I set the IP Address bar to Static from DHCP. But the last time I tried that, the Connect button greyed out and I couldn't continue. Anyone have any ideas please? Thanks!! :)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a Verizon network problem. Maybe some conflict between carriers since Sprint is the host for your device and FiOS being a Verizon direct network which is still in it's infancy working the bugs out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87