TWRP or CWRM

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
What are the current recomendations here... I was checking out doing the TWRP yet it comes in a DVD file and could not open.

What about CW is this good to install roms as well or ?

I am a real noob .

Thanks in advance

fadetoblack2104

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that TWRP is the supported recovery for our phone and that CWM was a port from another phone. I also believe that the devs who ported CWM to our phone have left for other devices so it may not be developed on anymore. Also, some problems have shown up that may possibly be related to CWM. Many have encountered some pretty large problems flashing roms and mods that use the aroma installer.

With all this said, just stick with the recovery that is supported - TWRP

EDIT: A DVD file? Maybe you downloaded the wrong thing. Try downloading goo manager from the play store. Open it up, hit menu, and install OpenRecoveryScript

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
On my PC shows as file to burn to CD still trying to figure that one out.

Thanks

download goomanager and you can install the twrp recovery and flash the rom...makes things very very easy.

the img file you downloaded to your computer is only if you are going to be running ADB script.

basically, download the rom, drag it on your SD card, and use goomanager to do everything else- it really is that simple!

Reactions: Larry Marranzino
Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,

I went researching on the other site and found the goomanager info... All is great got it to work I am running clean rom 4.1 and like it so far.

I was checking out the Toolbox yet it has CW in it... Guess I will just staty with TWRP for now as it seems to work pretty easy.

Keep waiting for the 4.1 ROM to arrive for sure...

Thanks again I do appreciate all the help.

Larry