Best jellybean rom for hox?

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Any one know the best jellybean rom for me? I have an ATT One X but it's unlocked with a tmobile sim in it. Preferably one that still has sense.
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I used RebelMod for a while, great jb rom, very stable and smooth... I'm on nocturnal'd dirty rom now and it's very good as well

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Not for the ATT version (XL). I think the international versions have JB ROMs out there, but nothing that will work on the non- intnl version.

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure I am running JB cm10 edit I am running 4.1.2 "JB" not 4.2 "JB" if thats what you're looking for.

Last edited:

rich.v

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure I am running JB cm10 edit I am running 4.1.2 "JB" not 4.2 "JB" if thats what you're looking for.

That's not sense based its aosp based I have it too its dope WiFi just takes a lil bit to start up but beside that for me at least it works great

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

KyngMagnum

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I ROOTed, TWRP 2.3.1'd, and flashed CM10 with 4.2 GAPPS on my LTEvo last night. This was my first experience with any type of mod to a phone. It's a little different than the ICS 4.0.4 with Sense 4.1, but I am getting used to it. I haven't had much time to fully experience all that this ROM has to offer, but so far I am enjoying it. One drawback for me was the camera in CM10 and 4.2 gapps, it is definitely NOT the Sense camera. I installed a camera app, An app to sync my Facebook contacts, a couple of widgets and a Swype app. I'm not sure I will be missing ICS. I hope this helped in some way. btw... gapps 4.2 has Google Now, I don't know if 4.1.2 gapps has it or not. I haven't used it.

I do have a question, if anyone might be able to help.
Do I need to Lock my Bootloader now that I have finished my install, or can/should I leave it unlocked?

Thanks!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Any 4.1+ has Google now.

Leave your bootloader unlocked. No reason to lock it again, unless you are trying to return it to stock for a return or something. The Camera is not Sense, but the actual photo quality is closer than it appears at first. Often, the first impression is that it is fuzzy, when in fact it just has not applied any effects to the photo that Sense does by default. That, and the AOSP gallery zooms MUCH farther than HTC's gallery does. If you apply, via the options in the Gallery, about 50%+ light fill, and cool off the colors a bit, the photos are darned close to what Sense gives. The AOSP cam is much warmer by default... too much, if you have pale subjects with red plastic toys in the frame.

Pretty sure Sense also applies a sharpness effect too. If you zoom way in on photos from each, you can see that the Sense photos are not as sharp as they first appear.

That said, the 4.2 camera does not have all the features enabled (zero shutter lag, etc). If you did not flash the new 4.2 GAPPS and used the standard ICS ones in the CM thread, those features are there. But the camera app is even less cool, so there is a trade off. Sense cam does have the edge.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Tried cm10 today after flashing for the first time ever. Tried 4.2 but I didn't have wifi or network. Gave up and using stock right now.

Intl One X with JB

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Any one know the best jellybean rom for me? I have an ATT One X but it's unlocked with a tmobile sim in it. Preferably one that still has sense.
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ViperXL 3.0 is stock JB sense, no tweaks as of yet (coming soon). I'm running it and it is 100% stable, extremely smooth and has amazing battery life

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Viper ROM.

For a Sense Rom (and best battery life period) ViperXL 3.1. Best non-Sense rom is JellyBam... Freaking amazing, has AOKP, CM, And ParanoidAndroid settings (hybrid rom) gets best battery life out of an AOSP rom, and is super stable (dirty rom is a close second here)

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid there isn't a JB ROM available for us with Sense just yet. ViperXL ([ROM][Jan 13] Team Venom ViperXL 3.1.0 Jelly Bean | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates - xda-developers) is an excellent choice for a Sense ROM. It has the best battery life I've ever seen on this phone, and you can put things like Google Now on it. Top it with the Seeder app (don't have a link, just search Seeder), and I can't really distinguish the performance. It also takes OTA updates, so that's a plus. I'm running it now.