Step by step rooting help

Pyles1735

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Been a guest here for a year or so. I'm an android fanatic. I have a HTC one x and nexus 7.

Anyways I want to root my phone and flash Viper XL. I've never done anything like these before and bricked my last phone trying so I want step by step help to root and flash. I plan to use the nooo proof one tool kit if that helps. Thanks guys.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Follow the instructions on the toolkit, and you should be good... the only part people get hung up on is the ID token.. just read the OP of the toolkit thread.. the last update to the toolkit made things easier, should do most of the work for you.

Make sure you back up everything you want to save before you do anything, just incase anything happens during the process

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Plug it into the pc, drag and drop any files you want to save into a folder on the desktop... if you want to save contacts you can go to phone app> hit menu> manage contacts>export to storage... remember the file name, and copy that to pc as well...

failmatic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. download this. [TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V2.1.1 [2-1-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] - xda-developers then extract to your desktop
2. Run it. Do step 1-6 in box top left.
3. flash twrp from box on top right
4. download the rom you want to flash. the rom should be in .zip format. open it and drag boot.img onto your desktop.
5. move the zip into your phone storage
6. restart into bootloader then flash the kernel in toolbox on bottom left, direct it to the boot.img
7. boot into recovery
======
in recovery
1. chose wipe. set it for factory reset
2. flash the rom.
3. profit
=========
if you want you flash another rom, you must reflash kernel each time and then flash the rom or else it wont boot properly

*if u are using a rom that requires you to dl GAPPS, get it or else you wont get play store. usually these rooms are non-sense roms
**step 3-5 of the toolkit sometimes would operate properly due to HTC website

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Plug it into the pc, drag and drop any files you want to save into a folder on the desktop... if you want to save contacts you can go to phone app> hit menu> manage contacts>export to storage... remember the file name, and copy that to pc as well...

This might be a dumb question... but if I want to restore items I've backed up this way, do I simply drag them back onto the phone from the desktop?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
This might be a dumb question... but if I want to restore items I've backed up this way, do I simply drag them back onto the phone from the desktop?

Absolutely.. I back up my backups to the pc for safe keeping, and I've dragged it back and restored it fine

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty