Which one... x??

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is my question: Which HTC One X should I go for, the International (quad-core) or the AT&T branded LTE?

Here is my situation: I do not live in a LTE enhanced area, but I live near one (Washington DC, I'm about 20 mi away). I am a Software Engineering Student and would like to start to do things with Ubuntu for Android and possibly beyond, such as making great Android apps.

So the way I look at it the two versions are similar in data speeds for the most part (HSPA+). They will also both have the 25GB from Dropbox for 2 years (the life of the phone IMO). Where they differ is in the capacity, it looks like the AT&T version will be capped at 16GB (per HTC's website) vs the 26GB to users on the international.

So what does the android community think? Will the quad-core goodness trump LTE for my interest in Ubuntu for Android? Or will the quad-core not make that much difference for what I want?

** I will mainly use the phone for Ubuntu for Android, Plants vs Zombies/Angry Birds and maybe some lite social networking and net browsing.

Thanks in advance!!

toonhead

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Since you will also be doing app deving, I think you should go for the unlocked international version. We know the next big thing is quad cores. Why not jump ahead and get used to it now. Yes, between nVidia, TI, Qualcomm, and soon Intel, the optimizations will be different, but general coding should be generally the same. Once you've gotten the hang of coding apps for the T3, the other chipmakers should have their quad cores finally on the market. At which point, you will he ready with the knowledge to optimize those apps for those different system on chips.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I kinda had a suspicion that would be the answer... And I guess I just needed to hear it (or read it as the case may be). Now, I need to save because the best pre-order price I found was about $680 and my Nexus S is dying :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non