any way to change the vibration intensity and duration?

Genetic

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
hello AC,

would there be any way to change the vibration intensity and duration of notifications? i know you are able to change the text notification if you download sms pro/handscent etc. i have tried the app called VIBE but i wasnt able to set the phone to silent without it still vibrating. is there no way to edit the system files to change this? i did that with my previous phone (iphone) and wasnt too difficult. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not a necessary thing for me but I do agree with Noble.Four...the vibrate is pretty strong.

With my iPhone, I'd put it on the table during a meeting and get a light vibrate. I tried that right after I got the HOX and I think I scared everyone at the table when my phone vibrated...haha!

I've since moved to completely silent or just keeping it off the table. :p

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Get Ringo Pro. You can customize the vibrate pattern, tone length and more. It's one of my mandatory apps

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

pabenjam

May 12, 2012
Visit site
@genetic517
1. Download the app ViBe on Google Play
2. Once in ViBe - tap the menu button to get to the settings options within ViBe
3. Set ViBe to 'Only when ringer is on'
+That setting will cause your phone to only vibrate when your ringer is on and not when in silent mode.

ViBe is compatible with Handcent and GoSMSPro, so you will have more options to customize your notification vibrations.

hyfurd2112

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Step 1: Go to settings.
Step 2: Tap on Sound.
Step 3: Head over to Vibration Intensity.

From there you can change individual viberation intensities for incoming calls, haptic feedback, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch