HTC One X Jellybean (at&t)

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
All of the features and then some... Just imagine stock htc sense, on steroids... better performance, better battery life, and TONS of tweaks are available

CM 10.1 has camera issues on every device I'm pretty sure.... If you like AOSP, try JellyBam version 4.0 or 4.1 (both are 4.1.2)... its a blend of CM/AOKP/PA... absolute best hybrid rom available for AOSP.... But ViperXL is better in my opinion, overall... if you don't like sense, you can flash it "senseless" and still get the sense camera .... perfection

EjWilkes0121

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
All of the features and then some... Just imagine stock htc sense, on steroids... better performance, better battery life, and TONS of tweaks are available

CM 10.1 has camera issues on every device I'm pretty sure.... If you like AOSP, try JellyBam version 4.0 or 4.1 (both are 4.1.2)... its a blend of CM/AOKP/PA... absolute best hybrid rom available for AOSP.... But ViperXL is better in my opinion, overall... if you don't like sense, you can flash it "senseless" and still get the sense camera .... perfection

I see. So i think i need to get JellyBam instead. Downloading now.

Thanks a lot! :D

AT&T HTC One X running Clean ROM 5.1

EjWilkes0121

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I just installed JellyBam 5.2.0 and it says "Can't connect to camera". I was tryin to set.up a contact picture.

It also doesn't have a camera shortcut. I have to download one.

Please help! :(

AT&T HTC One X running JellyBam 5.2.0

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
That's why I said Jellybam 4.0 or 4.1.... you are running 4.2.1 , and these are known issues throughout all roms with cm10.1/aokp 4.2...

Go to the download page, and select 4.0... it runs phenomenal

EjWilkes0121

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
That's why I said Jellybam 4.0 or 4.1.... you are running 4.2.1 , and these are known issues throughout all roms with cm10.1/aokp 4.2...

Go to the download page, and select 4.0... it runs phenomenal

What the.. I must have read. I'm embarrassed...

Thanks! Downloading now....

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
No worries man haha... that thread for Jellybam and all the links are very confusing, and i actually did the same thing when first installing it... was trying to download 4.0, downloaded 3.3

josney

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
i think i have to seriously look into rooting, wating on att is starting to perterb me. ha
when i had the BB Bold, there were always new updates floating around. but maybe i just have to do a little more learning about android

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
i think i have to seriously look into rooting, wating on att is starting to perterb me. ha
when i had the BB Bold, there were always new updates floating around. but maybe i just have to do a little more learning about android

You'll like it. I just did it for the first time and though I was nervous it was all relatively easy. I'm now running ViperXL 3.2. It's basically just like the upgrade you would get from at&t but with additional customization options and none of the at&t bloat!
Another nice thing about Viper is that it installs easily and you will get upgrades ota (correct me if I'm wrong peeps) so it's really nice for rookies!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You'll like it. I just did it for the first time and though I was nervous it was all relatively easy. I'm now running ViperXL 3.2. It's basically just like the upgrade you would get from at&t but with additional customization options and none of the at&t bloat!
Another nice thing about Viper is that it installs easily and you will get upgrades ota (correct me if I'm wrong peeps) so it's really nice for rookies!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I've been thinking about this also. ViperXL sounds pretty good. Where should I go to learn about this process to get started? My phone is not even rooted yet. So I will be starting from scratch.

Thanks in advance!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
this is the One X index of everything you really need... if you scroll down, under ROOT the second link is the all in one toolkit... this is what you will be unlocking the bootloader with, putting custom recovery on your phone, and flashing your first rom with... It has many uses, just read the OP (original post) in that thread, or any thread for that matter, to get the jist of things...

[INDEX] AT&T/ROGERS One X Resources Compilation Roll-Up (Updated 1/14/13) - xda-developers

Take your time and read... this process is very simple with this toolkit, and IS easy, BUT you can always mess up a step or two. Don't worry if you do mess up, 99% of the time you can just start over and try again....

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Give ViperXL a try, if you like sense you won't regret rooting your phone and installing this. It is amazing!!!

Have you noticed a huge difference in "smoothness"? Maybe my expectations were too high but the speed and smoothness of the OS seem the same to me. Granted, I now have all of the jellybean features but I have heard so much about Project Butter and the difference it was going to make that I'm a little disappointed.
Now, my HOX on ICS seemed quick and smooth so maybe I just have a good one and JB wasn't going to be a game changer for me but I doubt it.
I was expecting no lag or delay when opening and closing apps, sweeping through home screens, etc.

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you noticed a huge difference in "smoothness"? Maybe my expectations were too high but the speed and smoothness of the OS seem the same to me. Granted, I now have all of the jellybean features but I have heard so much about Project Butter and the difference it was going to make that I'm a little disappointed.
Now, my HOX on ICS seemed quick and smooth so maybe I just have a good one and JB wasn't going to be a game changer for me but I doubt it.
I was expecting no lag or delay when opening and closing apps, sweeping through home screens, etc.

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

For me, not huge, but things do feel much more fluid. I guess all the carrier bloatware had a detrimental effect after all...

AT&T HTC One X powered by ViperXL 3.2.1

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you mean stock android, as in AOSP , give jellybam a try.. but don't download 5.2, run either 4.1 or 4.0(both are android 4.1.2).. it mixes cm 10, AOKP, and ParanoidAndroid... best hybrid rom

Victor Limon

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my one x and everything was good excep. I had no memory. It kept saying mount sd card. So of course being an newbie to rooting I just uprooted it. But thinking of trying it again. Anyone know any good roms? Or how I can get j.b.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38