So I'm curious which HTC One series phones will get Sense 5.0

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Im willing to bet the One X+ will get it, and most likely the One X.. what about the S or V? speculations?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Im willing to bet the One X+ will get it, and most likely the One X.. what about the S or V? speculations?

Safe bets would be the X (and it's variants) and the S. V was already left behind with Android upgrades so I doubt it'll get a Sense update.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I'd want it in my ONE X too, but won't be expecting it before fall this year...:what:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

lbsf1

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna even doubt the X+ and X, the new ONE has very different specs so they might not bother writing sense 5 for 2 different speced platforms.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's the rock solid truth... HTC will NOT upgrade the one x or one s to sense 5(based on previous HTC phones receiving a sense upgrade that falls short of the newest - sense 3.6 is a good example).. one x+ will most likely get it.

Regardless, if you are rooted, I'm sure the development teams will bring sense 5 to the masses

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Here's the rock solid truth... HTC will NOT upgrade the one x or one s to sense 5(based on previous HTC phones receiving a sense upgrade that falls short of the newest - sense 3.6 is a good example).. one x+ will most likely get it.

Regardless, if you are rooted, I'm sure the development teams will bring sense 5 to the masses

I'd be curious to know why the One X wouldn't get it.. is it because of how it's partitioned? I do really love the fact that the One X+ has no partition and is just pure 64GB of storage.. I never have this nagging feeling that I'm running out of space..

Spec-wise, the really only diff on the X and X+ is the partition.. (referring to the international X).. international X and X+ both are Tegra 3, 1GB of ram. Both have 4+1 core/12 GPU. The One X+ I believe is clocked a tad higher though.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd be curious to know why the One X wouldn't get it.. is it because of how it's partitioned? I do really love the fact that the One X+ has no partition and is just pure 64GB of storage.. I never have this nagging feeling that I'm running out of space..

Spec-wise, the really only diff on the X and X+ is the partition.. (referring to the international X).. international X and X+ both are Tegra 3, 1GB of ram. Both have 4+1 core/12 GPU. The One X+ I believe is clocked a tad higher though.

There's no question our phone should be able to run it... it's just the pattern of sense being upgraded in past devices... if HTC released sense 5 for our phone, I would be shocked..it definitely wouldn't happen this year at least

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So if bought the One X, I would have to spend another $700 in a year just to get the latest version of Sense?
please tell me this is not true...
HTC you are better than this... at least you should be.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
The functionality of sense 5 is great and all, I just really don't Luke the look of it. I know I can root my device and make it look like I want, but I'm not a fan of the stock sense 5 look. Im not a fan of rooting my device. Stock sense has always been very good. I have always liked HTC devices. The physical look the one is great though. I might have to switch over to the nexus line for my next device.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The functionality of sense 5 is great and all, I just really don't Luke the look of it. I know I can root my device and make it look like I want, but I'm not a fan of the stock sense 5 look. Im not a fan of rooting my device. Stock sense has always been very good. I have always liked HTC devices. The physical look the one is great though. I might have to switch over to the nexus line for my next device.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
That "new sense look" is easily disabled, and looks just like the current sense w/ different themed icons... viper XL is stock sense with tweaks.. I'm currently running the sense 5 icons and theme.. it's awesome

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good! Would be awesome if we get it in the Spring.
SSent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
They didn't mention anything for the American versions (AT&T).

I wouldn't hold your breath.. And considering AT&T hasn't released jb yet, the only way you'll see it is in a custom rom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non