CM update download .failure

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. Today I received an update notice to CM 10.2 for my Evita. I installed it by hitting the install tab and everything went fairly smooth as indicated by the blue status line. Then it went into android updating all the apps I would imagine. Then it rebooted and I /was left with a screen the had all these moving dashes on it which eventually stopped and just left dashes on the screen. I went into recovery and tried to reinstall the updated but had the same problem. I have no stock recovery saved on my device. Does any OK me know what I can SD? Do I try and reinstall my original CM that I put on my device? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. Today I received an update notice to CM 10.2 for my Evita. I installed it by hitting the install tab and everything went fairly smooth as indicated by the blue status line. Then it went into android updating all the apps I would imagine. Then it rebooted and I /was left with a screen the had all these moving dashes on it which eventually stopped and just left dashes on the screen. I went into recovery and tried to reinstall the updated but had the same problem. I have no stock recovery saved on my device. Does any OK me know what I can SD? Do I try and reinstall my original CM that I put on my device? Thanks.

I would try redownloading the update, and reinstall.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

If you can't boot back up, I would suggest to try and flash the Rom again. Is your phone readable when you connect it to a computer?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I was able to connect it to my computer and make it readable. I went to Cyanogenmod's website and downloaded 10.2 and the proper gapps for my Evita. I downloaded them and then flashed through twrp. My phone started to boot up and then the screen went funny again and the android updated about 35 apps and then it just went funny again. I would imagine that I have to flash the boot.img separately again. I just forgot the right command prompt and how to open one up. I will try again tomorrow.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I was able to connect it to my computer and make it readable. I went to Cyanogenmod's website and downloaded 10.2 and the proper gapps for my Evita. I downloaded them and then flashed through twrp. My phone started to boot up and then the screen went funny again and the android updated about 35 apps and then it just went funny again. I would imagine that I have to flash the boot.img separately again. I just forgot the right command prompt and how to open one up. I will try again tomorrow.

You have change the directory in cmd to wherever you have fastboot. Then you would put the boot.img in that same folder. The command is "fastboot flash boot "name of boot".img" . If the boot image is called boot.img like most are, it would be "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Wizzrah. I remembered that last night. I managed to reflash 10.2 and the gapps this morning. Then I deleted the existing boot.img from my fastboot folder and flashed the proper one for the news ROM. Everything is working now. I wonder why the update messed up my phone so badly? Thanks for your help.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Wizzrah. I remembered that last night. I managed to reflash 10.2 and the gapps this morning. Then I deleted the existing boot.img from my fastboot folder and flashed the proper one for the news ROM. Everything is working now. I wonder why the update messed up my phone so badly? Thanks for your help.

Cool. Glad it worked out ok.